Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Instead of hating who Floyd "wants" to fight, take it to the source.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fact is that nobody from 147-154 is not on the level of Floyd Mayweather.

All of the fighters are unproven, nobody has separated themselves from the pack and they are all still building their resumes, grinding and putting in work to hopefully land a megafight down the road.

With that said, Austin Trout has the best win out of any of the top contenders from 147-154 with his victory over Miguel Cotto. He's the WBA regular champion compared to Floyd's "Super Champion" so he is also a mandatory just like Guerrero. These two should be the frontrunners because they are Floyd's mandatories.

The difference between Guerrero and Trout is that Trout has a win over a top 3 fighter in the division whereas Guerrero doesn't. Guerrero's 147 resume is garbage and on par with that of Devon Alexander.

The only reason people want to see Guerrero is because he will make a more "entertaining fight" style wise. My response is what is so entertaining about a fight that will be decided after 9 rounds and the fighter that's behind does not possess the power to score a come from behind KO? At least Ortiz gave you that possibility. But I can't hate on the Guerrero fight he's beaten the guys he's needed to beat.

But Austin Trout deserves to be in the mix for a Mayweather fight just as much, if not more than every fighter from 140-154.
    Last edited by -PBP-; 02-07-2013, 10:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      You bring up the Ghost defensively like you're trying to defend that fight. News flash idiot, I support that fight.

Floyd doesn't need to fight Martinez at 150, or 152. And you're right we, including yourself have no idea how Martinez would perform at 154. That's not Floyd's problem. The backlash he's recieving now wouldn't be there though.

No top fighter really goes afte challenges anymore. Martinez himself stopped long ago. I understand that & stand tall & admit it. You however constantly make up excuses as to why it's ok when Floyd does it. You don't understand the context if this tread & are in fact crying more defending Floyd than I am calling a spade a spade.

Look at the front page of nsb. It's all criticizing Alexander, the Ghost, even ginger. That's what we all do criticize everyone slated or rumored in relation to the man, while he ignores the fighters that can end the criticism.

BTW no matter who Floyd fights, from ginger to Trout, he's making bank.
      I reference ghost in regards to floyd not picking trout. i didn't say or imply you have a problem with the fight.

The point about challenge is you have no idea what Martinez would do other than 160. So please stop with the "challenge" argument regarding who floyd fights.

I don't make up anything. You have to call it justifying or excuse making because you have no rational way to defend your position. what 35-36 year old fighter EVER chooses challenge over money, especially one at the top of the sport?

SRL Norris/Camacho. ALi/Berbick. ODH/ Pacquio. do I need more examples?

The criticism is going to come regardless of who floyd fights and you know this. Your whole thing is manufacturing some smokescreen when your real complaint is floyd is making a ****load of money by selecting the fighters HBO feels will generate the most live gate and ppv sales.

So if you hate the way HBO and floyd are doing this-STOP ****ING WATCHING HBO AND FLOYD AND STICK TO AMATUER BOXING, FNF, SHOWBOX, EPIX, or whereever else there is boxing.

You don't have to support HBO and floyd. You have other options.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashy Larryx View Post
        no i want you to tell me..you just said floyd will no fight anyone who is a challenge right??yet trouts only meaningful win is against the same cotto floyd had just beat..so why does trout get praised?
        Because Cotto would beat the brakes off anyone Guerrero, Alexander or Canelo has beaten.

Comment

• Originally posted by A.K.A View Post
          Because Cotto would beat the brakes off anyone Guerrero, Alexander or Canelo has beaten.
          Cotto in his prime would do that. Cotto right now wouldn't and I think you have to factor in who Miguel is right now.

Delvin rodriguez fought trout better than cotto did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
            Cotto in his prime would do that. Cotto right now wouldn't and I think you have to factor in who Miguel is right now.

Delvin rodriguez fought trout better than cotto did.
            I was talking about right now. I'd still have Cotto a heavy favorite over Aydin, Berto, Maidana, Bailey and Josesito.

Comment

I reference ghost in regards to floyd not picking trout. i didn't say or imply you have a problem with the fight.

The point about challenge is you have no idea what Martinez would do other than 160. So please stop with the "challenge" argument regarding who floyd fights.

I don't make up anything. You have to call it justifying or excuse making because you have no rational way to defend your position. what 35-36 year old fighter EVER chooses challenge over money, especially one at the top of the sport?

SRL Norris/Camacho. ALi/Berbick. ODH/ Pacquio. do I need more examples?

The criticism is going to come regardless of who floyd fights and you know this. Your whole thing is manufacturing some smokescreen when your real complaint is floyd is making a ****load of money by selecting the fighters HBO feels will generate the most live gate and ppv sales.

So if you hate the way HBO and floyd are doing this-STOP ****ING WATCHING HBO AND FLOYD AND STICK TO AMATUER BOXING, FNF, SHOWBOX, EPIX, or whereever else there is boxing.

You don't have to support HBO and floyd. You have other options.
              Like I said, the bold clearly shows you've no idea about the tread topic, original post which you quoted. If you are aware I have no problem with the fight, then what is the point of all your pointless babble??

As far as Martinez you're still offering pre ordained excuses as to why Floyd shouldn't fight the man, still lame.

And no, Floyd won't be criticized by anyone for fighting Martinez & you know it. You don't have to reply to me with all your damn excuses. You can choose to ignore the obvious.

The point of this tread, are for those bashing the Ghosts, Alexanders, Trout & ginger's of the world. They draw cards & pray Floyd chooses them. Go play elsewhere if you cannot comprehend that.

Comment

Like I said, the bold clearly shows you've no idea about the tread topic, original post which you quoted. If you are aware I have no problem with the fight, then what is the point of all your pointless babble??

As far as Martinez you're still offering pre ordained excuses as to why Floyd shouldn't fight the man, still lame.

And no, Floyd won't be criticized by anyone for fighting Martinez & you know it. You don't have to reply to me with all your damn excuses. You can choose to ignore the obvious.

The point of this tread, are for those bashing the Ghosts, Alexanders, Trout & ginger's of the world. They draw cards & pray Floyd chooses them. Go play elsewhere if you cannot comprehend that.
                excuse for no fighting martinez? i'm simply saying a Martinez fight at anything other than 160 doesn't make sense if your argument is "challenge".

Devon, the Ghost & even ginger are not bums. They're just the guys Floyd knows he can market & manipulate to a calculated victory. Notice Floyd never mentioned Trout & had ton loads of excuses for Martinez....I rest my case.
                The above is your last paragraph. My inital response addresses that last paragraph, that floyd never mentioned trout or Martinez because, IYO, stated earlier in the post floyd

isn't gonna (choose) the competitive fight. He's gonna choose the easiest fight for the biggest payday

which IMO is the real point of this thread because you repeat the same thing daily.

Trout wasn't ignored because he's a threat. he was ignored because he isn't going to make huge money. Martinez wasn't ignored because he's a threat, he has a fight in ARgentina and a rematch with CHavez-two fights HBO has heavily invested in.
                Last edited by The Big Dunn; 02-07-2013, 10:59 AM.

Comment

excuse for no fighting martinez? i'm simply saying a Martinez fight at anything other than 160 doesn't make sense if your argument is "challenge".

The above is your last paragraph. My inital response addresses that last paragraph, that floyd never mentioned trout or Martinez because, IYO, stated earlier in the post floyd

The funny thing is that while Floyd won't even mention those guys, just like I said, you're here making all the excuses for him.

Comment

The funny thing is that while Floyd won't even mention those guys, just like I said, you're here making all the excuses for him.
                    Why would he mention either for a ppv May 4th. Niether makes any sense as an opponent. You have no basis for your criticism.

Comment

Why would he mention either for a ppv May 4th. Niether makes any sense as an opponent. You have no basis for your criticism.
                      Bias.

This dude is trying to parade a Floyd-Sergio fight when Martinez wont even face the top threats in his own weight class. Its weak.

Comment

Working...
                      X