Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Does Vitali Get More Credit for Losing to Lewis than Rahman Gets for Winning?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    The reason I can't really take people serious when they say prime for prime Vitali or Wlad would beat most other good or great HW's is simple......

A prime Vitali fought a way past prime and out of shape Lennox, and was only up 4-2 in the fight, 3-3 depending on who you talk to, and than proceeded to get his face ripped to shreds and the fight was stopped. I mean that was the best fighter he's ever faced, a way faded and out of shape Lennox, and that's how he performed. So how does he handle a prime Ali, Foreman, Holmes, Tyson, Bowe, Holyfield, Lennox, and others???

And Wlad in his prime was stopped by Corrie Sanders and Lamon Brewster. Yes, I know he avenges the Lamon Brewster loss, but who's to say he wouldn't get stopped by the likes of Liston, Tyson, Holyfield, Bowe, and Lewis prime for prime or others???
    that is so crazy. I don't know how old you are, but I can tell you I followed Lewis' career since the 90s and I can assure you he wasn't "faded" AT ALL when he fought Klitschko. And he wasn't out of shape either, he was preparing for a fight against another opponent. He just looked different than usual cause he was fighting such a tall opponent. Same with Vitali by the way-he also looked different cause he didn't have the size advantage in this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Halls of Fame View Post
      Rahman gets all the credit in the world for knocking out Lewis. And Vitali gets all the credit in the world for winning against Lewis on the scorecards although losing the fight because of the doctor stoppage.
      You cannot discredit Vitali's effort. He got cut badly and yes, he lost. But if it wasn't for the cuts, he was on his way of winning the fight.

if it weren't for all those clean punches he took he would have won the fight...

you sound like a bit like a khan fan

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        if it weren't for all those clean punches he took he would have won the fight...

you sound like a bit like a khan fan
        If Lewis wouldn't have taken so many punches, he would have won more than 2 rounds.

Comment

that is so crazy. I don't know how old you are, but I can tell you I followed Lewis' career since the 90s and I can assure you he wasn't "faded" AT ALL when he fought Klitschko. And he wasn't out of shape either, he was preparing for a fight against another opponent. He just looked different than usual cause he was fighting such a tall opponent. Same with Vitali by the way-he also looked different cause he didn't have the size advantage in this fight.
          ......I'm 31......Lewis in 2003 was a shell of what he was in the mid 90's. He also came into the ring at a career high weight, noticeably in not as good of shape as previous years. He was even heavier at 256 than when Rahman KO'd him, when he weighed 253 and looked a bit out of shape compared to previous fights.

Comment

If Khan hadn't been stopped, he was beating Garcia. If Linares hadn't been stopped, he would have beaten DeMarco.

Vitali was up 4-2/3-3 against an old and out of shape Lewis.

Comment

Rahman gets all the credit in the world for knocking out Lewis. And Vitali gets all the credit in the world for winning against Lewis on the scorecards although losing the fight because of the doctor stoppage.
              You cannot discredit Vitali's effort. He got cut badly and yes, he lost. But if it wasn't for the cuts, he was on his way of winning the fight.
              Not really. Saying "if it wasn't for the cuts" is like saying if Lewis didn't hit him so much. It makes no sense.

Comment

The "Lewis was old and out of shape" line is a joke. He was all of 6 pounds over his normal fighting weight lol.

The same people who use this excuse will also discredit Wlad by saying he lost to a fat golfer named Corrie Sanders even though Sanders was in the best shape of his career going into the fight.

I think the reason Vitali gets more credit is that people believe Rahman was lucky and Vitali was not.

Comment

It was a 12 round fight, so this ^^^ is bullsh**.

If anything, Lewis would have stopped him late. He had Vitali clinging on for dear life in round 6.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
                    The "Lewis was old and out of shape" line is a joke. He was all of 6 pounds over his normal fighting weight lol.

The same people who use this excuse will also discredit Wlad by saying he lost to a fat golfer named Corrie Sanders even though Sanders was in the best shape of his career going into the fight.
                    Lewis was old. That's not debatable. 256 pounds was the heaviest of his career. That certainly doesn't indicate he was in the best of shape.

There are no excuses to be made because Lewis still won the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
                      You're right. It's rubbish. You have to question Lewis' motivation/effort in camp, though. He clearly didn't put the work in.

Comment

Working...
                      X