No announcement yet.

Someone Help Me Understand This "So-so" Authority USADA Has

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone Help Me Understand This "So-so" Authority USADA Has

Okay bear with me, this is not a bash or some slick way of dissing USADA or those who chose it and those who dont just want to get to the bottom of their authority.

All supplements and request must be approved by USADA correct? And when a fighter fails a test USADA bans them and that fighter is not allowed to box for whatever time length USADA issues. It was highly publicized that the penalty for Mayweather or Pacquiao had either or both failed the drug test was a 4 year bann correct? Does the boxing commission recognizes this? Reason I ask is a two part question 1 is because on the Erik Morales contracts it states a failed tests will come with banishment from

"up to a two year period of ineligibility, beginning on the day you accept a sanction, fail to request a hearing or fail to respond, or the date of the hearing decision in this matter, from participation in any activity or competition organized by or under the auspices of any signatory to the Code or any member of any signatory, including ineligibility from participating or coaching in Olympic, Pan American Games or Paralympic Games Trials, or being a member of any Olympic, Pan American Games or Paralympic Team"

However NSAC is not signatory to the USADA code or are they? and if they are not a signatory to the USADA code what consequences can they impose on any boxer? and if they are Why would they not recognize USADA approval of Pacquaio request for "Toradol" shot for fight night?

So what is the concrete stance with boxing commission mainly NSAC and USADA? because to me is appears to be a pick and chose type of relationship with them and USADA

sources:
    http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/usad...weather-fight/
    http://******.craveonline.com/news/1...-but-from-what
    http://www.businessinsider.com/manny...houlder-2015-5
    http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...s-failed-tests
    http://www.bjpenn.com/usada-mayweath...ive-drug-test/
    Last edited by Gucci; 05-19-2015, 06:50 AM.

It's legal to use the drug leading up to the fight but not necessarily legal on fight night, especially at the last minute.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
      It's legal to use the drug leading up to the fight but not necessarily legal on fight night, especially at the last minute.
      USADA did approve "Toradol" for fight night.

Comment

Originally posted by Gucci View Post
        You can't be this dense. All USADA is concerned about is whether or not a substance is legal. They don't care about when it's used.

The commission on the other hand have their own rules. Do you understand what a commission is? Let them do their job.

Comment

Originally posted by Gucci View Post
          NSAC decide what fighters can take on fight night. Its not a PED issue. Its a medical issue.

Comment

USADA is an anti doping agency, it's job is to test the fighters and to notify the commission if a fighter is using a banned substance, they can't ban anybody, the commision is the one that takes that decision.

In case you want to take some numbing agent on fight night you have to notify the commission, this is the way things have been going for years and Pacquiao's team and his 7 time trainer of the year know this for a fact, just because the commission knew that Pacquiao used numbing agent during training camp doesn't mean that they will assume that he will use it on fight night, if you wanna use anything on fight night except for water you HAVE to tell the commission and disclose evidence as to why you want to use what you want to use. The commission cares about the fighters so much that they made this questionnaire so that if the fighter has forgotten to tell the commission, he can still let them know 24 hours before the fight, and despite that Pacquiao chose to say NO, I don't need anything tomorrow on fight night.

Don't start with the "they didn't want Mayweather's camp to know" bull****, everybody knows Floyd sometimes gets injections in his hands cuz of injuries, what difference does it make? Freddie Roach and Arum said Pacqauio was looking phenomenal in camp and the injections they were using in camp were working extremely well, so if they were confident that Pacquiao would be able to perform at a 100% if he takes this injection, why did they wait till 90 mins before the fight to ask for one? This doesn't make any sense to anyone who doesn't deprive themselves for water and sleep.

This story is getting ridicioulus and Arum's trials of correcting the situation by lying even more is pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmed_Ismail View Post
              USADA is an anti doping agency, it's job is to test the fighters and to notify the commission if a fighter is using a banned substance, they can't ban anybody, the commision is the one that takes that decision.

In case you want to take some numbing agent on fight night you have to notify the commission, this is the way things have been going for years and Pacquiao's team and his 7 time trainer of the year know this for a fact, just because the commission knew that Pacquiao used numbing agent during training camp doesn't mean that they will assume that he will use it on fight night, if you wanna use anything on fight night except for water you HAVE to tell the commission and disclose evidence as to why you want to use what you want to use. The commission cares about the fighters so much that they made this questionnaire so that if the fighter has forgotten to tell the commission, he can still let them know 24 hours before the fight, and despite that Pacquiao chose to say NO, I don't need anything tomorrow on fight night.

Don't start with the "they didn't want Mayweather's camp to know" bull****, everybody knows Floyd sometimes gets injections in his hands cuz of injuries, what difference does it make? Freddie Roach and Arum said Pacqauio was looking phenomenal in camp and the injections they were using in camp were working extremely well, so if they were confident that Pacquiao would be able to perform at a 100% if he takes this injection, why did they wait till 90 mins before the fight to ask for one? This doesn't make any sense to anyone who doesn't deprive themselves for water and sleep.

This story is getting ridicioulus and Arum's trials of correcting the situation by lying even more is pathetic.
              Can you show me NSAC medical questionaire where Floyd checked the yes box for injury on his hands when he was injected with xylocaine?

and has Floyd checked that NSAC medical questionaire yes box every time since then?

Comment

Originally posted by Rath View Post
                Can you show me NSAC medical questionaire where Floyd checked the yes box for injury on his hands when he was injected with xylocaine?

and has Floyd checked that NSAC medical questionaire yes box every time since then?
                You know he was injected with Xylocaine how exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                  You know he was injected with Xylocaine how exactly?
                  I was just guessing Floyd was injected with xylocaine, because there were no video evidence about it.

just like i was just guessing Floyd was not randomly drug tested by USADA because there were no video evidence of it too.

You got me

Comment

Originally posted by Rath View Post
                    I was just guessing Floyd was injected with xylocaine, because there were no video evidence about it.

just like i was just guessing Floyd was not randomly drug tested by USADA because there were no video evidence of it too.

You got me
                    u cant inject it in ur hands within 24 hours of the fight

Comment

Working...
                    X