Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shouldn't Ward be grateful to Goossen for home advantage in all his Super Six fights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shouldn't Ward be grateful to Goossen for home advantage in all his Super Six fights?

Ward had all his fights in his home country during the Super Six.

He fought the champion Mikkel Kessler in Oakland with a California referee Jack Reiss who permitted Ward to repeatedly deliberately foul (headbutts, clamping Kessler's arm, hitting off the break) and never once warned him for excessive clinching.

Ward had home advantage against Allan Green, and again he fouled a lot, especially hitting while holding. Once again the ref said nothing.

Ward had home advantage against Arthur Abraham, and when Abraham started to come on a bit in the later rounds, Ward got him with some obviously intentional head butts which the ref ignored.

Ward was able to skip a round and advanced.

In the final, he once again had home advantage over the UK boxer Carl Froch. A referee Steve Smoger known for nationalistic bias worked that fight. Froch had to fight in three foreign countries during the Super Six: Finland, Denmark and the USA.

Dan Goossen has done a lot for Andre Ward. How can someone who calls himself the "Son of God" be so selfish and ungrateful?

It not easy to get Ward a fight because he's a prima donna who demands everything his own way:

1) he demands home advantage
    2) he demands over $2,000,000 per fight, even though he's not a draw
    3) he demands there be no random PED testing
    4) he demands his fights be at 168, no catch weights or moving down to 160 or up to 175.
    Last edited by The Hammer; 08-07-2014, 02:23 PM.

Y

Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
    Ward had all his fights in his home country during the Super Six.

He fought the champion Mikkel Kessler in Oakland with a California referee Jack Reiss who permitted Ward to repeatedly deliberately foul (headbutts, clamping Kessler's arm, hitting off the break) and never once warned him for excessive clinching.

Ward had home advantage against Allan Green, and again he fouled a lot, especially hitting while holding. Once again the ref said nothing.

Ward had home advantage against Arthur Abraham, and when Abraham started to come on a bit in the later rounds, Ward got him with some obviously intentional head butts which the ref ignored.

Ward was able to skip a round and advanced.

In the final, he once again had home advantage over the UK boxer Carl Froch. A referee Steve Smoger known for nationalistic bias worked that fight. Froch had to fight in three foreign countries during the Super Six: Finland, Denmark and the USA.

Dan Goossen has done a lot for Andre Ward. How can someone who calls himself the "Son of God" be so selfish and ungrateful?

It not easy to get Ward a fight because he's a prima donna who demands everything his own way:

1) he demands home advantage
    2) he demands over $2,000,000 per fight, even though he's not a draw
    3) he demands there be no random PED testing
    4) he demands his fights be at 168, no catch weights or moving down to 160 or up to 175.
    Ward's resume trumps every fighter at 168, and it only took him a little more than 18 months to do it. He had no problems selling fights in Oakland, just like Abraham, Froch, and Kessler had no problems selling fights in their backyard. Your just mad he exposed everyone's he faced, and in regards to those three mentioned Kessler was the only one to get it in Oakland. So cut the BS, and stop acting like its a crime for Ward to be a draw in the 6th largest media market in the United States.

Comment

I dont understand why he sued, signed an extension and sued again and again.

I've always thought that Ward was bright and articulate, but the facts pretty much reveal that he isn't particularly clever and he has failed to hire some good advisors to help him out in areas where he himself is lacking.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        I dont understand why he sued, signed an extension and sued again and again.

I've always thought that Ward was bright and articulate, but the facts pretty much reveal that he isn't particularly clever and he has failed to hire some good advisors to help him out in areas where he himself is lacking.
        Yet when people bring in Al Haymon, make the most money they've ever made in their careers, and become world champions, you ridicule them.

What good advisors are you talking about? Who Cameron Dunkin? Shelly Finkel went back to concert promotions I believe, so who are you talking about? Don't insult a mans intelligence, but can't back up your insinuations, that's just being a hypocrite.

Comment

Originally posted by MrWestGrand View Post
          Yet when people bring in Al Haymon, make the most money they've ever made in their careers, and become world champions, you ridicule them.
          Dude. What are you talking about?

What good advisors are you talking about?
          Financial and legal advisors since he himself is not able to understand what it is he is signing. The guy he has (Prince or whatever his name is), clearly hasn't got a clue.

Who Cameron Dunkin? Shelly Finkel went back to concert promotions I believe, so who are you talking about? Don't insult a mans intelligence, but can't back up your insinuations, that's just being a hypocrite.
          I'm not talking about anybody specific.

Comment

James Prince advises Andre Ward.

Floyd Mayweather was wise to dump him, from what I heard he's bad news.

Strange how the supposed "Son of God" Ward works with people like convicted felon and PED guru Victor Conte and with James Prince, who threatened Floyd and had Leonard Ellerbe beat up.

http://pound4poundireland.wordpress....-james-prince/

Comment

Ward called out GGG so let the Ward smear campaign begin.

Comment

I ****ing lol'd

Bernard Hopkins comments on the situation:

“Hey, listen, at the end of the day, when I look at guys, and some rappers that I ain’t going to mention, that talk about gangsta, talk about street, talk about going to jail, talk about being hard on the street, that remind of Floyd Mayweather. Floyd Mayweather is no tough guy. And Floyd Mayweather can tell you about, and Ellerbe can tell you about when a couple of guys came up in Top Rank’s gym and they was taking two to three weeks to scrub blood out of the stains of the carpet that was in there. Where was the gangsta then? See, they know I know.”

Comment

If Freedom2014 wasn't a racist *****, he'd realize Andre Ward and Wladimir Klitschko are carbon copies of each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                    If Freedom2014 wasn't a racist *****, he'd realize Andre Ward and Wladimir Klitschko are carbon copies of each other.
                    No.

Klitschko clinches a lot, but otherwise he isn't dirty. He doesn't use deliberate head butts or hit off the break.

Wlad is a strong puncher with a high KO percentage.

Wlad's a big draw in Europe. Ward isn't a draw anywhere.

And Wlad's had LOTS of world title fights in foreign countries: Russia, the USA, Switzerland, etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X