No announcement yet.

Hatton Vs Mayweather Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tuggers1986 View Post
    Mayweather. Even more convincingly than last time. Hatton is good at what he does but is no where near Floyds level. Hatton thought he would break Floyd down on the inside and Floyd was even better at him than that.
    Nice post

Comment

At welter...Floyd embarrises him...

at Light welter...Floyd is faster....beats him even easier..

Really, there is NO need for the rematch. Any one that still isnt convinced of who the better fighter is between the two should really go watch the fight again...

Comment

Even if the fight is at 140 they would probably be the same weight during fight night as they were during their 147 fight. They are both natural 140 pounders, there would be almost no difference. Floyd still has the massive edge in reach, counterpunching, and speed that would leave Hatton floored.

Comment

Hatton, in his 2 fights at Welterweight, has shown that he can never be even remotely comfortable at any weight above Light-Welterweight.

He just ain't big enough.

I love the man because he does a huge amount for various African charities, but he would have no chance against the greatest boxer of all time, Floyd.

Hatton should just clean up the Light-Welterweight division and then retire instead of chasing pipe dreams.

Comment

There's not point in a rematch...

Comment

love hatton, was very close to picking him to win in the first fight, but having seen the first fight the only thing hatton can expect from a rematch is another defeat and a big fat paycheck. if he takes the fight (which all indications are that he would if it was offered) then he's either deluded or interested only in the cash.

Comment

Hatton looked worse against laczano than he did gainst may. I think if they did it again it would be worse for Hatton this time round. I dont think anyone wants to see this again cept for maybe some Hatton die hards. I would like to see Hatton and Cotto more.

Comment

In my opinion, Hatton was not given a fair shake in the first fight. The ref did a horrible job, Mayweather cheated his butt off and I feel like Hatton won 4 of the first 7 rounds. A rematch would be interresting to me because the results may be a little closer, even if Hatton is beaten again. I feel like he deserves a rematch based on all he does for the sport and because he gave up all the advantages to Floyd in the first fight. In the same fight in the UK with a better ref, I think that Ricky would have a decent shot to hang with Floyd and possibly win a close decision. I dont believe that he was completely outclassed like everyone else thinks, just that he lost his game plan and got caught coming in. He was not hurt at any other time in the fight. Maybe stunned by the hand speed, but not acually hurt. I would love a rematch on even terms and see what happens then. Its a win-win for both fighters because they will make more money than with anyone else and both have the oppritunity to show the first fight was either exactly what should have happened or a complete fluke. I lean toward the fluke, and not just because I am a Hatton fan. I still respect Mayweather's skill.

Comment

For me i think i would be wary of betting against Hatton in a rematch, especially if its at 140 and more especially if its held in the UK, Hatton had much more to learn from that fight than Mayweather did and i think it could be an interesting fight, either Hatton by KO or TKO or if it went the distance prolly Floyd by UD,

Comment

lol@ the delusional Hatton die-hards who don't understand the simple fact that their one-dimensional fighter was knocked out by someone who had him figured before the match even started.

What insight will Hatton gleam from his loss that will give him the one up on Mayweather in a rematch?

Even if Mayweather didn't have a specific game plan to beat Hatton his counter-punching on the inside (Hatton's effective position) was and would be sharp enough to keep Hatton's aggression in check.

Comment

Working...
                      X