No announcement yet.

who will Gervonta Davis fight next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    I didn't mention Sosa because he got destroyed by Loma. i can't see how he'd be ready to go in the summer. I'd take that over Tevin farner or Dib as well.

I don't think Davis is ready for the top of the division yet. Thats why Roman Martinez, Uchiyama, Salido, Vargas or sosa would be ideal-a step up from who he has fought in preparation for the top guys.
    Was Sosa that effed up that he couldn't fight in Aug/Sept? I would concede catching Sosa right after the Loma L might be a bad move since its a rough expectation for Sosa so Tank looking good could give more credit to Loma for "destroying Sosa's career" then it'd Tank credit for the W + it brings forth some too early dick measuring with Loma that Floyd might not want entering the conversation this early in Tank's title reign.

Idk I just don't see the reason to rush right out of the gate when time is greatly on Tank's side & when Loma is the kingpin of the division. Its far too early for that fight to be talked about in any serious way & its really the only fight that will matter much right now in the division for Tank overall to the masses which is what Tank is already appealing to. I'd personally wanna amp up his KO highlight reel more than I'd wanna step him up a couple notches that only the boxing nerds like us will notice if I'm Floyd or one of the cats managing Tank's career.

Comment

Farmer is a good fight and one I want to see, but I believe he is out for a while, so that may be a couple fights down the line. I'm going to predict it will be Edner Cherry

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
        It's going to be Tevin Farmer. They have already built it up.
        Tevin f#cked up his arm or something. He's out til September-ish. I expect they will have a fight lined up for Tank before then.

Also Floyd said after the Walshy W that he thinks Tevin needs to actually win a meaningful fight to get Tank & he just didn't seem all that thirsty about Tank vs Tevin so I highly doubt it happens next for both of those reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
          I'm going to predict it will be Edner Cherry
          Thats a beatable decent enough name for Tank next. Don't hate that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            All signs to a keep busy fight from what Floyd was saying & hinting at.

I'd assume its either Mario Barrios (I'd add Tevin Farmer to the list, but I believe he got injured in his last fight a week or two ago & will be out for 6mos+) or some guy I've never seen fight & can't pronounce his name based on looking at the rest of the rankings for his belt. And I'd go with the ladder since Barrios is a weird matchup being 6ft although who knows it could be a compelling fight since he is so f#cking big + undefeated.
            Mario Barrios is already up at 140lbs

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom . View Post
              I imagine he'll end up fighting someone not in the top ten or past his prime.
              and you say this why?

Comment

Id love to see him fight gary russell or salido

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
                  and you say this why?
                  because his promoter is floyd mayweather jr. have you heard of that guy? the biggest cherry picker ever and also the guy that said he wanted to pad davis' bank account and not take any risks. seems likely that he wont fight someone good with all that info

Comment

Roman Martinez makes the most sense in terms of developing gervonta has a fighter

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
                      and you say this why?
                      You love him, don't you?

Floyd never took any risks and cherry-picked his way to an undefeated record. I imagine Gervonta will do the same.

Comment

Working...
                      X