Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Legit question - Was that fight stopped prematurely?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
    I don't think Wlad looked that tired. He got clipped with a really good shot, he was recovering and joshua looked like he was starting to punch himself out a bit again.
    It was late in the 11th round man and dude is 41 he had to be feeling it. It was certainly that first uppercut that put him into trouble but he had nothing left to really recover with.

If Wlad survived the 12th would have been interesting because Joshua was blowing his wad.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      It was late in the 11th round man and dude is 41 he had to be feeling it. It was certainly that first uppercut that put him into trouble but he had nothing left to really recover with.

If Wlad survived the 12th would have been interesting because Joshua was blowing his wad.
      Thats the whole point of why the stoppage can be considered premature.

Wlad was definitely pacing himself, I think he still had gas left in the tank. He simply ate a HUGE shot, went down twice, and was in the process of recovering while Joshua was losing the snap on his shots.

Considering how many rounds it took Joshua to recover the first time he blew his load, and what happened to him afterwards, I think its fair that Wlad should have gotten the chance to weather the storm, and come back and maybe drop Joshua twice himself.

I don't think there is any question that Joshua blew his load, and was digging himself deep to the point where he might have been a KO waiting to happen himself if Klitschko was allowed to continue.

Comment

He should have been stopped after the third knockdown. He didnt look fully concious.

The ref gave him the benefit of the doubt but he went straight to the ropes and languished.

Good stoppage, what you want to see a proud legend get badly hurt?

Comment

I don't understand how this is even a question.

Comment

Should've been stopped earlier not later

Comment

Slightly early, I've seen worst

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                Thats the whole point of why the stoppage can be considered premature.

Wlad was definitely pacing himself, I think he still had gas left in the tank. He simply ate a HUGE shot, went down twice, and was in the process of recovering while Joshua was losing the snap on his shots.

Considering how many rounds it took Joshua to recover the first time he blew his load, and what happened to him afterwards, I think its fair that Wlad should have gotten the chance to weather the storm, and come back and maybe drop Joshua twice himself.

I don't think there is any question that Joshua blew his load, and was digging himself deep to the point where he might have been a KO waiting to happen himself if Klitschko was allowed to continue.
                Joshua did the right thing because it worked out, and I do feel Wlad had a little something left and was pacing himself better throughout the whole fight. He just didn't have the juice left to really weather the storm because of where the fight was at.

If he had a bit more juice he might have been able to survive and get to the 12th to test that theory.

It is just one of those things that is what it is, I was expecting it to get stopped there so if I was expecting that to happen I can't say it was premature. I wouldn't have had an issue with letting it go further either because of the points raised and Wlad is a great fighter so he could be given that last roll of the dice.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
                  I thought it myself and I'm reading a lot of people online saying the same.

AJ was not landing when Wlad was on the ropes - why did the ref stop it when he wasn't being hit? Especially after allowing him to continue after the second knockdown.

Discuss...
                  the most im[portant of questions to ask oneselvfes in this situtuion is what would filthy ref do if that was josha would he still stop i strongly think not and also they are lots of liars with bad teeth who kkeeps sayin josah was landin punches at the ende when he clerly was not

Comment

not at all

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                      Joshua did the right thing because it worked out, and I do feel Wlad had a little something left and was pacing himself better throughout the whole fight. He just didn't have the juice left to really weather the storm because of where the fight was at.

If he had a bit more juice he might have been able to survive and get to the 12th to test that theory.

It is just one of those things that is what it is, I was expecting it to get stopped there so if I was expecting that to happen I can't say it was premature. I wouldn't have had an issue with letting it go further either because of the points raised and Wlad is a great fighter so he could be given that last roll of the dice.
                      I wouldn't have an issue with the stoppage if Joshua landed another head snapping shot in that final flurry, but he didn't.

Wlad was blocking and slipping effectively. Which showed to me that he was fit to continue.

Comment

Working...
                      X