Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I rank Barrera above Marquez and Morales

Comment

Originally posted by willybullet View Post
      Finito is never given enough credit IMO.
      Originally posted by Papasito View Post
      He never fought anybody to deserve that credit.

Alvarez is like 42 undefeated fightin bums and catchweights

Chavez said in Finito's lopez face he was a cherry picker lol
      Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
      Finito might very well be the best Mexican fighter but his resume lacks names and signature wins. Which hurts his greatness when compared to other Mexican fighters.
      In my opinion Finito has the cleaner boxing style I have seen. He has a Marquez feel to it but way cleaner. And I believe he fought good competition the best at that but nobody knows the fighters in those weight classes also it didnt help that he never moved up. But to me he is the coolest textbook style fighter that I have seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Papasito View Post
        He never fought anybody to deserve that credit.

Alvarez is like 42 undefeated fightin bums and catchweights

Chavez said in Finito's lopez face he was a cherry picker lol
        Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
        Finito might very well be the best Mexican fighter but his resume lacks names and signature wins. Which hurts his greatness when compared to other Mexican fighters.
        I think a big part of that criticism is his low weight class; he'd have been more memorable had he been bigger. He was as technically sound as they come and had great KO power for his size. You'll find many fans who think he would've schooled Gonzalez and Carbajal. That is a whole other debate, but I'd have to agree that it hurts a fighter's legacy when he doesn't prove it in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazerjab View Post
          In my opinion Finito has the cleaner boxing style I have seen. He has a Marquez feel to it but way cleaner. And I believe he fought good competition the best at that but nobody knows the fighters in those weight classes also it didnt help that he never moved up. But to me he is the coolest textbook style fighter that I have seen.
          I agree with your post and the bold is a good way to put it.

Comment

Originally posted by willybullet View Post
            I agree with your post and the bold is a good way to put it.
            Its how berinstain forms them Rafael Marquez has a similar style

Comment

Originally posted by Lazerjab View Post
              Its how berinstain forms them Rafael Marquez has a similar style
              Yep, just that Finito was cleanest. Some people say perfect but I won't take it that far.

Comment

He locked himself ahead of them when he schooled manny in the third fight

Comment

I would still rank Morales and Barrera ahead but it's certainly close.

Whereas, before the 3rd Pacquaio fight, it wasn't close at all IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    I would still rank Morales and Barrera ahead but it's certainly close.

Whereas, before the 3rd Pacquaio fight, it wasn't close at all IMO.
                    i agree, Erik & MAB's whole resumes still stands over JMM

JMM edges them both in a Best single win category though

Comment

I think in terms of natural size Marquez was always a weight division bigger than Morales and Barrera, but saying that in my opinion he is the best.

I think head to head against a prime Barrera he potentially loses because of the style, the left hand orthodox. But for me he could easily be a legitimate 4-5 weight world champion, he just hasn't fought for the titles.

I would certainly put him with the best of the best from Mexico in a historical context, and yes the Pacquiao KO has cemented this, because that was a win for the ages.

Comment

Working...
                      X