Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golden Boy and Top Rank haven't made a prospect fight as good as PBC tonight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden Boy and Top Rank haven't made a prospect fight as good as PBC tonight

When is the last time Golden Boy or Top Rank matched a prospect this tough? It's crazy how little credit Haymon gets. The rival promoters would never send an undefeated Mexican fighter into rival territory.

Yep. No one is doing better up & coming guy fights than PBC right now.

Random notable thing with prospects. Seems like Saul Rodriguez could be leaving TR soon & moving to the dark side (PBC, Haymon, Mayweather) from accounts I've heard.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Yep. No one is doing better up & coming guy fights than PBC right now.

Random notable thing with prospects. Seems like Saul Rodriguez could be leaving TR soon & moving to the dark side (PBC, Haymon, Mayweather) from accounts I've heard.
      Losing Neno would be huge loss to TR, he's a perfect West Coast draw. Those Top Rank contracts are up this year or next see if the Ukrainian and Russians Bob failed to put on TV move over.

Comment

Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
        When is the last time Golden Boy or Top Rank matched a prospect this tough? It's crazy how little credit Haymon gets. The rival promoters would never send an undefeated Mexican fighter into rival territory.
        not really. Haymon has had some good prospect fights but GBP had the nice opener of julian ramirez vs roy tapia to open hbo in a fantastic prospect fight, they also had jojo diaz vs jayson velez on hbo. Top Rank gave us the unbeaten prospects Brad Solomon 26-0 vs 29-0 Konstantin Ponamarev (29-0) and 19-0 Oscar Valdez vs Matias Rueda 26-0 23 Kos. Also Alex Saucedo 20-0 vs Clarence Booth 13-1 on Unimas in another good fight. Those are off the top of my head. I am sure there are more but your right Haymon has done some good ones too at least on paper. Sometimes these fights by all promoters look good on paper then turn into blowouts.

Comment

In all fairness, the problem with PBC is what it does with its fighter when they do become champion.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
            not really. Haymon has had some good prospect fights but GBP had the nice opener of julian ramirez vs roy tapia to open hbo in a fantastic prospect fight, they also had jojo diaz vs jayson velez on hbo. Top Rank gave us the unbeaten prospects Brad Solomon 26-0 vs 29-0 Konstantin Ponamarev (29-0) and 19-0 Oscar Valdez vs Matias Rueda 26-0 23 Kos. Also Alex Saucedo 20-0 vs Clarence Booth 13-1 on Unimas in another good fight. Those are off the top of my head. I am sure there are more but your right Haymon has done some good ones too at least on paper. Sometimes these fights by all promoters look good on paper then turn into blowouts.
            Jayson Velez had just lost to Rios and got robbery vs Gradovich, Diaz was the clear favorite and him losing would be huge upset, Flores losing wouldn't be surprising.

Ruedas was ranked 34 by boxrec and had never boxed in USA before, he got blasted in 2 because he was a domestic fighter.

Solomon vs Ponamarev is a great prospect fight on paper.

Comment

Jayson Velez had just lost to Rios and got robbery vs Gradovich, Diaz was the clear favorite and him losing would be huge upset, Flores losing wouldn't be surprising.

Ruedas was ranked 34 by boxrec and had never boxed in USA before, he got blasted in 2 because he was a domestic fighter.

Solomon vs Ponamarev is a great prospect fight on paper.
              flores was a 20-1 favorite last night. Ryan had already lost once just like you said about Velez so there is no difference just that Diaz is a better prospect than Flores. Ruedas a good fight on paper, Oscar just proved his worth. James was actually a 33-1 favorite over Ugas. Just some of Haymon's guys are proving to not be good prospects but it is good for. He can weed through them faster this way instead of wasting too much time and money on them

Comment

Working...
              X