No announcement yet.

I still don't understand why the ref didn't give kov a recovery

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still don't understand why the ref didn't give kov a recovery

I you look at the body language of the ref, it's like it never crossed his mind.

I've seen fights officiated where belt line groin shots stop the fight, on several occurrences through out the fight.

same reason wards allowed to be john ruiz in every fight. when they want a certain guy to win they will do just about anything. boxing is not exactly on the up and up.

Comment

Don't they call a fight if a guy is getting beaten on and sort of turns his back to the opponent?

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
        Don't they call a fight if a guy is getting beaten on and sort of turns his back to the opponent?
        don't they call it a foul when a guy is low blowed 3 times in a row? how do you expect a guy to react after catching 3 low blows in a row? also he was almost fully recovered and was blocking everything ward was throwing when ward went low so you cant say he was being beaten on. beaten on his gloves? stop it? i know you want to pretend kovalev was completely gone but he wasnt. sorry. he was briefly hurt, then was low blowed. both things can happen you know. being hurt doesnt give an opponent the right to commit fouls
        Last edited by daggum; 11-30-2017, 07:29 PM.

Comment

You should have recognized and be pointing out KOVALEV's body language here...

Weeks did an excellent job in that fight.

He read Kovalev easily and knew what was up early on...he saw all the standard signs of a guy who didn't want to fight anymore and was looking for a way out...

and then he helped Kovalev out.

Saved him big time actually...

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary Hater View Post

He read Kovalev easily and knew what was up early on...he saw all the standard signs of a guy who didn't want to fight anymore and was looking for a way out...

ah yes so now the ref has to be a body language expert. i wonder who thats going to help...the guy making 6.5 million or the guy making hardly anything. also what does body language have to do with not calling low blows? he didnt react right to them so the fights off? this is really grasping for straws to defend bad reffing. i guess when you have no substance and know the guy cheated to win you have to make up funny things like he had the wrong body language when low blowed.

weeks contradicted his own rulings in the fight. in round 2 he warned ward for low blows. in rounds 7 and 8 blows that were just as low or lower were considered legal. you think he did a great job?

to any rational person they saw signs that one fighter was being low blowed. to a ward fanboy lowblows are now legal punches. unbelievable
            Last edited by daggum; 11-30-2017, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Yup. Sergey would've gotten beaten up and humiliated more than he already had if the fight hadn't been stopped right there.

Comment

No matter how you look at it it's fishy. Earlier in the round ward landed a low blow and kov looked at the ref and the ref said it was clean.

Kov looked tired but no KO'd, the fight ended on two low blows

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
                  Yup. Sergey would've gotten beaten up and humiliated more than he already had if the fight hadn't been stopped right there.
                  there was 30 seconds left in the round, ward won he fight on a low blow

Comment

ward fanboys like to pretend kovalev was super hurt from that one punch but yet 20 seconds later he was almost fully recovered and was slipping everything ward was throwing at him. how do you explain that? that doesnt sound very hurt to me. they like to conflate the right hand with the low blows. basically they are saying if you have your opponent hurt the rules no longer matter and you can foul as much as you want because hey your opponent was hurt so who cares

Comment

Working...
                    X