Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will you be rooting for: Wladimir Klitschko or Tyson Fury?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will you be rooting for: Wladimir Klitschko or Tyson Fury?

When they step in the ring in October, who will you be supporting?

I'm not asking who you think will win, I'm asking who you WANT to see win.
    Rooting for Klitschko
    46.34%
    Rooting for Fury
    44.72%
    Neither, I just hope to see an exciting HW fight
    8.13%
    I'm not interested in this one
    0.81%

The poll is expired.

Doesn't really matter, leaning towards Fury a little bit though.

Wlad is way too boring and hardly anyone cares about him outside of his inner circle of fanboys. Wilder vs Fury would be an awesome matchup.

Comment

i have become a fury fan over the last couple years i think fury winning would be huge for boxing

Comment

And the NEW................

Comment

I have no dog here but I want to know how Wlad handles a fighter with Fury's attributes. I think if he does a job on him, I think it will start to legitimise him to me as a great heavyweight. Although Fury is not an A-level fighter he is huge, even for a modern heavyweight and has a good athletic and technical level, he has decent skills too when not busy uppercutting himself in the face. I think Wladimir has his work cut out, not because Fury is a brilliant fighter, or even better, but because deep down I still believe Wlad has major *****s in his armour, and against certain types of fighters, or a genuinely great heavyweight opponent (which there currently aren't any) those deficiencies get exposed.

I think Wlad is an expert at fighting smaller fighters and using his height, reach, and ability to control them. But when he has come up against Taller, longer fighters close to his size he has looked more vulnerable even if they were pretty average. Tony Thompson first fight and Wach being notable examples. Amir Khan is comparable in the sense that he doesn't look comfortable when he fights taller fighters, although the differences are not as extreme in the lower weight classes and Wlad is better at protecting his chin even if he employs questionable tactics. Tyson Fury is better than the aforementioned fighters so that makes this fight interesting, Fury has good speed, good footwork, decent power, a very good jab, he can fight inside well, and most importantly he has the strength to get there on Wlad. Wlad won't be able to jab and grab so easily, and Fury will hit him in the clinches for sure.

I hope Wlad does not blast him out quick (which is a possibility), because then we won't find out the problems Fury could have posed. But I think Wlad will try and do that, I think he will come out aggressive and try and bomb Fury out early, as he realises this is a fight which gets dangerous if it goes into the second half.

All in all interesting fight - I am looking forward to it. I think I am slightly rooting for Fury because I want to see Wladimir challenged.

Comment

A non-controversial Fury win is 10x better for boxing.

Comment

Fury winning would spice things up a little.

Comment

LETS GO TYSON FURY!!!!!!!!!
                cant hate a guy with a sense of humor

Comment

Comment

Wlad , Fury is an embarrassment with his talk,personality and most of all his boxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X