Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: The Road to Keith Thurman-Errol Spence Begins (! Or ?)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KayDub View Post
    LOL Only thing Brook ever did was beat Porter and he had to smother his way to a victory.
    True brook did hold A LOT in that fight a point(s) should have been taken away, but he was able to land on porter who himself is notorious for head butts. But other than porter brook hasn't done anything major.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
      We read everything correctly. You said "I Hope for at least 2 of these fights" and then listed a bunch of fights you know have 0% chance of happening.

So you're hoping for the impossible. Sounds frustrating.
      I am sure any boxing fan would want to see any those fights so about as frustrated as any fan. You are correct that they may not happen this year but the pressure will add up and some have to happen by 2019. Especially the PBC guys there should be no excuses there if any of them care to be the best and not just cash checks fighting guys like Rios

Comment

Originally posted by Cigar View Post
        Keith Thurman is a part time fighter who, at best, is very good. Not great. We've seen his ceiling. Spence and Crawford are the future of the division.
        Well, they will have to prove that. Thurman is the man to beat in division so far. I don`t count Pacquiao, who will retire soon.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
          I am sure any boxing fan would want to see any those fights so about as frustrated as any fan. You are correct that they may not happen this year but the pressure will add up and some have to happen by 2019. Especially the PBC guys there should be no excuses there if any of them care to be the best and not just cash checks fighting guys like Rios
          Thurman vs. Spence is already penciled in for early March 2019 on CBS if both keep winning.

Assuming Garcia beats Rios, he would be the WBC mandatory next year and in line to fight the winner.

Shawn Porter likely fights Keith Thurman later this year.

Spence may have to make an IBF mandatory before the year is out.

PBC will never deliver every fight you want as soon as you want it (what boxing entity does?), but every single year, PBC delivers big fights and doesn't put them on PPV.

Assuming there isn't a last minute hiccup and Wilder vs. King Kong ends up on CBS March 3, the PBC tradition of having a huge fight on free over the air TV in early March every year will continue to grow and bring in new fans. The ratings for Thurman vs. Garcia were through the roof, as they will be for Wilder vs. King Kong. As they will be next year for Thurman vs. Spence if both are still undefeated.

Haymon doesn't rush things. He's trying to take over boxing. It's a slow process. He gives us enough big fights to maintain his control, but he makes sure to pace himself so he can continue to deliver big fights for years to come.

Comment

Originally posted by KayDub View Post
            LOL Only thing Brook ever did was beat Porter and he had to smother his way to a victory.
            The same Porter Thurman beat in a close competitive fight, and happens to be one of Thurman's top two wins.

Try again.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
              He's beaten Porter & Garcia. They're not better wins than Brook.
              not a healthy brook. But a broken brook that was ready to quit once the goin got rough isnt really as spectacular. Changes everything. And while garcia and porter arent top level guys in other era's, in this era of ww, they are at the top and they were healthy as could be. I like spence alot, but seems like ppl forgetting who the man is at ww, and like it or not he is the proven top ww at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
                Well, they will have to prove that. Thurman is the man to beat in division so far. I don`t count Pacquiao, who will retire soon.
                I agree with that. Seems like theres a lot of 'flavor of the month' boxing fans out here. I understand the frustration about one time a yr thurman but he has proven himself against ww top opposistion and nobody can take that away

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                  The same Porter Thurman beat in a close competitive fight, and happens to be one of Thurman's top two wins.

Try again.
                  the key word here is "one of thurmans biggest wins" point being spence only has one big win and it was against a broken faced brook that found an out once ***** hit the fan

Comment

Crawford against any of the 2 probably wont happen until 2019 or 2020.. he has to first get the belt, 2.. defend it against Manny which we all know bob wants first. That wbo belt some how only ends up in a top rank stable holder.

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Mccowan View Post
                      I agree with that. Seems like theres a lot of 'flavor of the month' boxing fans out here. I understand the frustration about one time a yr thurman but he has proven himself against ww top opposistion and nobody can take that away
                      Broken? Lame excuse.

Comment

Working...
                      X