No announcement yet.

MMA weigth cut documentary

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MMA weigth cut documentary

Mixed martial arts has become a multibillion-dollar global industry, but many athletes taking part at a professional level keep a dark secret about their training. Weight cutting is a dangerous activity that has claimed lives in the sport even before the fighters stepped into the cage.

''This documentary follows Dean, a British MMA fighter, as he tries to lose 7kg of weight overnight using saunas and hot baths to hit his weight category to fight. The film examines how the unhealthy practice of cutting weight in this way could affect his long-term health.''

It's a few months old but i just caught this earlier on BBCiPlayer. Pretty interesting.

It's uploaded by the BBC so i'm not sure if it will be available to view if you're outside the UK.

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post

Mixed martial arts has become a multibillion-dollar global industry, but many athletes taking part at a professional level keep a dark secret about their training. Weight cutting is a dangerous activity that has claimed lives in the sport even before the fighters stepped into the cage.

''This documentary follows Dean, a British MMA fighter, as he tries to lose 7kg of weight overnight using saunas and hot baths to hit his weight category to fight. The film examines how the unhealthy practice of cutting weight in this way could affect his long-term health.''

It's a few months old but i just caught this earlier on BBCiPlayer. Pretty interesting.

It's uploaded by the BBC so i'm not sure if it will be available to view if you're outside the UK.
    all you have to do is watch the cyborg you tube videos of how she goes thru hell to cut weight

Comment

Working...
    X