No announcement yet.

Dropped DAZN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    How is it that DAZN only arrived at 2 people, one who had been shot down already is the better question?

DAZN gave Canelo a 1 fight list of opponents & when that fell through as fights often can they f#cked up their own sh^t by losing the 2nd biggest fight date of the year.

You can make this about Canelo, but Canelo is getting paid one way or another. DAZN gots more on the line here & they dropped the ball massively with this situation.
    Canelo could have gone with Golovkin but he chose not to. That's hardly shooting yourself in the foot. Canelo agreed to fight Golovkin because his promotor apparently has the power to sign for him. If true that's his fault or being so stupid as to get into that type of contractual agreement. GB has had enough of Canelo and simply don't care anymore. They apparently don't get any money from Canelo if he fights on DAZN. They get their Canelo money from
    ticket sales and broadcasters in markets that DAZN doesn't stream to. So really is he worth the headaches since GB now has a good deal promoting other fighters on DAZN.

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
      Yeah, this Skipper fella needs to be fired ASAP.
      Seems he sold his soul to Loeffler and can't focus on anything
      other than that stupid trilogy.
      Look what happened.
      Canelo ended up not fighting in September.
      Diva gave up his holiday.
      Boy just don't want dat GGG work! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by ReggieKray View Post
        If DAZN was doing the same thing to the fighter you're paying DAZN to watch, wouldn't you do the same. Canelo, atm the biggest star in boxing, probably isn't even going to fight until next may now. This is ridiculous. Why support them at this point? How does this help them or boxing..? This is a huge monetary lost for DAZN.
        I would be really surprised if Canelo sat out till May. If he did that would be a huge loss though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
          I try to watch PBC, DAZN and Top Rank fights.

We used to root for our favorite fighters, now we root for Al, Bob or Eddie. All this crying been taking the fun out of everything.....
          Well two of those guys tried to Sue Al Haymon and called him a black devil. Don't make it seem like Al Haymon is as bad ss Arum or Oscar

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
            Canelo could have gone with Golovkin but he chose not to.
            A BS article posted before this turned into a whole sh^t show suggested Golden Boy tried to make the fight but GGG wouldn't agree to fight in Las Vegas again.

If that is true then to me its on GGG cuz beggars can't be choosers. When GGG had the draw with Canelo he had leverage. When he lost the rematch, regardless of how close it was or whoever thought GGG shouldnt gotten the decision, then he lost his leverage. The rematch not happening was on Team GGG.

Canelo agreed to fight Golovkin because his promotor apparently has the power to sign for him. If true that's his fault or being so stupid as to get into that type of contractual agreement.
            Until I know more about the alleged situation, if there is more to know which maybe there isn't, I'm right there with you here.

GB has had enough of Canelo and simply don't care anymore. They apparently don't get any money from Canelo if he fights on DAZN. They get their Canelo money from
            ticket sales and broadcasters in markets that DAZN doesn't stream to. So really is he worth the headaches since GB now has a good deal promoting other fighters on DAZN.
            Idk that I buy that Golden Boy is tired of the Canelo business. Canelo IS the Golden Boy business. Golden Boy is on the value menu of boxing content without Canelo.

That said I honestly don't know wtf is going on from Golden Boy's side this is all wonky ass unprofessional sh^t to me, but I think it might be their own bs internally more than its Canelo bs.

Oscar is the biggest f#ck up in the promotional game & his whole promotional career has mimic'd a baby bird walking haphazardly across a 6 lane highway & somehow making it to the other side safely. Idk that that baby bird can forever avoid the cars that keeps speeding inches from him doe,

Comment

A BS article posted before this turned into a whole sh^t show suggested Golden Boy tried to make the fight but GGG wouldn't agree to fight in Las Vegas again.

If that is true then to me its on GGG cuz beggars can't be choosers. When GGG had the draw with Canelo he had leverage. When he lost the rematch, regardless of how close it was or whoever thought GGG shouldnt gotten the decision, then he lost his leverage. The rematch not happening was on Team GGG.

Until I know more about the alleged situation, if there is more to know which maybe there isn't, I'm right there with you here.

Idk that I buy that Golden Boy is tired of the Canelo business. Canelo IS the Golden Boy business. Golden Boy is on the value menu of boxing content without Canelo.

That said I honestly don't know wtf is going on from Golden Boy's side this is all wonky ass unprofessional sh^t to me, but I think it might be their own bs internally more than its Canelo bs.

Oscar is the biggest f#ck up in the promotional game & his whole promotional career has mimic'd a baby bird walking haphazardly across a 6 lane highway & somehow making it to the other side safely. Idk that that baby bird can forever avoid the cars that keeps speeding inches from him doe,
              The reason I guessing that the desire to split up is mutual is because the actions of GB are odd if they wanted to keep Canelo. On the other hand we haven't heard from GB as to what they say happened.

Comment

Originally posted by WhatDisButtonDo View Post
                Well two of those guys tried to Sue Al Haymon and called him a black devil. Don't make it seem like Al Haymon is as bad ss Arum or Oscar
                Or Hearn. Those guys have all done shady stuff. All have fighters in their stable that I like so beyond tuning in to see guys like Hunter, Ortiz, J Rock, Loma, etc I don't give a shit.....

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                  The reason I guessing that the desire to split up is mutual is because the actions of GB are odd if they wanted to keep Canelo. On the other hand we haven't heard from GB as to what they say happened.
                  Whats the possible scenario where GBP wants out of the Canelo business doe? I feel like outside of Canelo being in some pedo rape scandal they'd wanna be in the Canelo business.

I can't believe Golden Boy JUST made a deal where they aren't making money with the people throwing money around like candy on Halloween.

Golden Boy is a top regional looking promotion without Canelo on their roster. I like some of their prospects, specifically Vergil Ortiz, but idk that Ortiz is gonna be doing Canelo business ever let alone anytime soon. And I dig Ryan Garcia, but he's an L waiting to happen as he continues to step up. I just see Golden Boy going no where fast without Canelo.

Comment

Whats the possible scenario where GBP wants out of the Canelo business doe? I feel like outside of Canelo being in some pedo rape scandal they'd wanna be in the Canelo business.

I can't believe Golden Boy JUST made a deal where they aren't making money with the people throwing money around like candy on Halloween.

Golden Boy is a top regional looking promotion without Canelo on their roster. I like some of their prospects, specifically Vergil Ortiz, but idk that Ortiz is gonna be doing Canelo business ever let alone anytime soon. And I dig Ryan Garcia, but he's an L waiting to happen as he continues to step up. I just see Golden Boy going no where fast without Canelo.
                    I guess we will have to wait and see how this turns out.

Comment

Working...
                    X