Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lennox Lewis Admits He Almost Slapped Riddick Bowe Last Year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lennox Lewis Admits He Almost Slapped Riddick Bowe Last Year

Former undisputed heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis has a good relationship with his past opponents. He gets along with everyone from Vitali Klitschko to Mike Tyson to Evander Holyfield. But the only past opponent that he doesn't get along with to this day, is another former undisputed champion, Riddick Bowe.
    [Click Here To Read More]

**** it, I’d still pay to watch them fights

Comment

So it was Lewis that started **** saying Bowe couldn't stand where he wanted to.

Comment

Lol I bet Bowe does make it tempting.

That said he's crazy as f#ck. Best leave crazy mfers alone.

Comment

Lewis need to let it go, the fight didn't happen, it didn't happen. Am sure Bowe regret dumping his belt in the bin instead of negotiating to fight lewis. This should be a lesson to the "Be patient groupies" of this era.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            Lewis need to let it go, the fight didn't happen, it didn't happen. Am sure Bowe regret dumping his belt in the bin instead of negotiating to fight lewis. This should be a lesson to the "Be patient groupies" of this era.
            I think it’s exactly the opposite lesson. Bowe didn’t fight for a world title until his 32nd fight against Holyfield which ended in a decision. During that time prior to his fighting Holyfield he racked up KOs left and right against the who is who of boxing. Not once was he ever accused of “dodging” opponents, “padding his record”, fighting “tomato cans”, etc. nor should he have been. He built that record and resume and when he felt it ready to fight for the title he did so in his own time. As such he was “patient”

I liked that he tossed the belt. He told the sanctioning body to stuff it with their trinket and the money he’d waste paying them just so he can hold the belt and that he’d fight who he chooses in his own time. I wish more boxers would do this and just let the ring results speak for themselves. Bowe certainly did.

Comment

lol this would still be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post
                I think it’s exactly the opposite lesson. Bowe didn’t fight for a world title until his 32nd fight against Holyfield which ended in a decision. During that time prior to his fighting Holyfield he racked up KOs left and right against the who is who of boxing. Not once was he ever accused of “dodging” opponents, “padding his record”, fighting “tomato cans”, etc. nor should he have been. He built that record and resume and when he felt it ready to fight for the title he did so in his own time. As such he was “patient”

I liked that he tossed the belt. He told the sanctioning body to stuff it with their trinket and the money he’d waste paying them just so he can hold the belt and that he’d fight who he chooses in his own time. I wish more boxers would do this and just let the ring results speak for themselves. Bowe certainly did.
                That’s why he is selling signed T-shirts out of the back of his car? I don’t think ducking a fight constitute to making a good decision, especially when you see how broke he has ended up. There was nothing wrong with fighting Lewis at the time. They had history with The Olympics.

Him padding his record and being patient is all cool and nice but he was also lucky he lived in an era of no social media. He would have been criticised the same way Wilder was for fighting 38 dishwashers before finally trying to step it up.

Comment

That’s why he is selling signed T-shirts out of the back of his car? I don’t think ducking a fight constitute to making a good decision, especially when you see how broke he has ended up. There was nothing wrong with fighting Lewis at the time. They had history with The Olympics.

Him padding his record and being patient is all cool and nice but he was also lucky he lived in an era of no social media. He would have been criticised the same way Wilder was for fighting 38 dishwashers before finally trying to step it up.
                  H is selling T-shirt’s not due to one fight or tossing the belt because by that time he’d made more money than anyone with a sense of financial responsibility could live on 10 lifetimes over. His personal financial decisions has led to that.

Additionally,
                  Your choice of words concerning “ducking, padding and dishwashers” is exactly what I point to as the problem with boxing forums these days and a generation of vile people who have the ease of the internet in which to share unintelligent opinions.

Here let me share what I said. It was concerning a post from someone who states Mayweather and his 0 in a way and the internet has ruined boxing.

Originally Posted by giant_king View Post
                  Like the saying goes if you can't beat him join them.and everybody trying to be like Floyd.but the sad part is its ruined boxing a bit because everyone scared to fight each other just to keep a perfect record

My comment
                  You are correct; it has ruined it. Its even ruined intelligent discussion on boxing forums and why there is this war of words between AJ and Wilder between fans that devolves to personal attacks and insults. Simply put its created garbage fans.

While I lean towards Wilder it doesn’t bother me if AJ were to win or vice versa. Both in my eyes are still excellent HWs with differing skills. While a loss might sadden a fan from either side it doesn’t diminish the boxer’s value in the least. Each will continue their careers, might face one another again and win or lose again.

That’s HW boxing where in any given night any HW can KO any other HW, period, point blank, end of story. Wilder could have gotten KOd by Breazeale. AJ might get KOd by Ruiz. That’s the fighting business.

Any all time PFP list in existence today places SRR at the top. He lost 19 fights. I’d place Henry Armstrong at # 2 with 21 losses. Most unintelligent boxing commenters would melt down with those first two selections because they have losses. And today to have a loss is unspeakable. If you have a loss (unless its come from a champion) that boxer is a garbage can, a tomato can, not worthy being called a boxer. The internet has in fact in many ways ruined boxing and their fan base.

Very rarely will you see anywhere in the top 10 PFP an undefeated fighter. Maybe top 15 you’ll find your first undefeated PFP in Rocky Marciano.

Comment

Its actually Bowe that needs to let it go. Every time someone sticks a mic in his fan and LL is brought up, Bowe goes in with his incoherent babbling. Accusing LL of being ****sexual and only god knows what else. Like I said, you can’t understand but about every ten words that comes outta his mouth.

Comment

Working...
                    X