Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone really think Santa Cruz could beat Russell Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone really think Santa Cruz could beat Russell Jr.

I just don't see it, even with the high work rate of Leo's. Russell is faster, has better fundamentals, better foot work and is more powerful with any punch you name.

santa cruz beats him on activity

Comment

No, that's why he has been ducking him all these years. Cruz eats too many punches.

Comment

Yes I do.

Leo Santa Cruz's merciless machine gun onslaught will leave Gary Russell jr. looking like Andre Berto after the Robert Guerrero fight.

Leo's height & reach advantages + his extremely high work rate and endless gas tank and heart & toughness will be huge factors leading him to a victory.
        Last edited by REYESdelBOXEO; 05-18-2019, 11:58 PM.

Comment

It's always easy to overlook LSC as "too basic" but that steady pressure was even too much for Frampton when Frampton was coming off FOTY accolades. GRG looks flashy and talks a good game but I just don't see him having the same grit as LSC when it comes to a long, tough fight. Not to say it couldn't happen. It would be competitive, but I've learned not to overlook SantaCruz just because there's nothing eye catching about his style.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            It's always easy to overlook LSC as "too basic" but that steady pressure was even too much for Frampton when Frampton was coming off FOTY accolades. GRG looks flashy and talks a good game but I just don't see him having the same grit as LSC when it comes to a long, tough fight. Not to say it couldn't happen. It would be competitive, but I've learned not to overlook SantaCruz just because there's nothing eye catching about his style.
            The Frampton fights make my case. Santa Cruz got a narrow win and a narrow loss. IMO, Russell is 10x the fighter Frampton is.

Wish this fight would happen. Obviously Russell wants it.

Comment

Originally posted by REYESdelBOXEO View Post
              Yes I do.

Leo Santa Cruz's merciless machine gun onslaught will leave Gary Russell jr. looking like Andre Berto after the Robert Guerrero fight.
              Something tells me if Russell were Mexican and Santa Cruz wasn't, you'd agree with me.

Comment

Santa Cruz beats Russell Jr by close decision.

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
                  santa cruz beats him on activity
                  Doubt it, with Russels skill and power that work rate takes a nose dive.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    Honestly, LSC just out boxed him off the back foot in the rematch and that was the bigger issue for Frampton than just the activity. LSC kept countering Frampton coming in and used his length beautifully.

LSC has a chance in this fight for sure. GRJ is faster, but often times fights at one pace. Jojo's body shots bothered him some and he was never able to completely separate himself from him.

65/35 GRJ but not a mismatch.

Comment

Working...
                    X