Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how big are you and how much do you bench?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems like there may be a certian degree of bull**** on this thread. Not all, just most. It's funny though.

Comment

Originally posted by Drewcyfer View Post
      Seems like there may be a certian degree of bull**** on this thread. Not all, just most. It's funny though.
      Theres two on here I dont believe.

Comment

Originally posted by AX Tan BOUNCER View Post
        247 6'2 bench 575 x 6
        yeah and I squat 900

Comment

I dont know why the **** you would lie about how much you bench press, and if you did try to be reasonable.

Comment

Ha, don't you know that bench pressing is probably the most lied about or exaggerated activity known to man?

I was never a great bencher and was actually ashamed I could only get up 315 . Wanted to be able to put up mega numbers but that was back when I was ego struck by the super bench press, like most young kids are. Now I couldn't give a ****, its the most overrated exercise ever.

There was this guy on my college football team who benched 600 pounds. Yes, six ****in hundred. Saw it with my own eyes, 6 plates on each side. He was a big Italian dude, and wasn't even that huge. I'd say he weighed maybe 250-260 at the time.

Comment

I feel exactly the way you do on that. Most overrated exercise ever.

Comment

I can rep 290 3 times. I do it about once a month. back when I used to weight train for football, I could throw up, 410 1 rep max. my arms are kinda longer so Ive never been adept at bench press.

i used to squat 625, and deadlift 650, 1 rep max, however. i am convinced that my legs are superhuman. at the health club i went to when i was like 18, i used to put 12 45lb weights on each side of this machine, which was like this angled squat thing at a diagonal angle, towards the ground- that's 1080 lbs- and rep it ten times, no i did not go all the way down and compress my knees, but I did half reps with that weight. talk about sore ****in legs the next day.

guys that worked at that health club, after i made that part of my routine, used to come up to me when I was done and say, 'hey man. mind taking all that weight off there? thats alot of work for one of us to do, getting that off of there.' im bad about that,(leaving weight on the bars)

to close, never done roids in my life. although ive thought about it, ive decided against it. i like my hair, and i want to be a strong old man. juicers get old quick. like who was it, tunney i believe ,who was 92 and punked out 2 20 year old muggers? that would be the ****.

Comment

I weigh 225 and can bench 225 for about 5 reps. This is actually a no bull**** honest number. Not great but I'm also a very tall and long armed guy (6'9") so it isn't all that bad considering.

I've recently switched to dumbells since they are more beneficial to someone like me with super long arms because I can do a full range of motion without being restricted. So far I can do 80 lb ones at 8 or 9 reps.

Comment

5'10, 5'11, weigh about 155-157 lbs. now, I put up my weight 4 times, generally I put up 135 and do sets of 8-10, whatever I can do.

It's not much, but it's an improvement over before.

Comment

16 yrs old, 5'10 , 170 lbs. i bench 180. i probly need improvement.

Comment

Working...
                      X