nate vs masvidal - doctor's stoppage = riot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This man called it. Good s/hit.

Comment

A shame, the last few rounds would of been fun as Diaz would of had to go for broke.
      Masvidal was very sharp early on though, he was hurting Diaz a lot to the body.

Hopefully we get to see it again. I'm sure we will.

I was glad to see Till get the win. Wasn't the fight I'd envisioned but it was good tactics from him as Glastelum is no joke.
      Last edited by Chrismart; 11-03-2019, 03:09 PM.

Comment

diaz looked shot to bits

I believe he was done..

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
          fight was really heating up too. pissed off!!!

yeah nate finished stronger at the end of r3, you could see the tide turning a little bit. up against the cage and then on the ground he had a higher output than masvidal.

i know people will dismiss it because he was getting his ass kicked, but seeing diaz in r4 and r5 wouldf have been awesome. he takes some time to get into his groove and once he starts landing all it takes is a single round to turen shyt around and make his opponent panic clinch/wrestle where he can further drain them, take them to the ground and get a submission. look at all his submission victories - those pretty much all came from the fact that he started to work his opponent on the feet and then once they were drained he'd submit them.

if you sign up for a 5 round fight, you fight like its a 5 round fight. when someone mentions diaz's attributes, you'd list toughness and cardio as #1. even if it went to a decision after 5 rounds and diaz lost (he lost r1-3) at least he would have given a good showing of himself. i cant count the amount of times ive fought and grappled with bigger guys who can manhandle you and then weathered the storm and started to pin them down like babies once they gassed - without enough oxygen in your system you'll get worked over by someone with a 3rd of your strength

Comment

Originally posted by Mash121 View Post
            Agreed that cut was nasty. Masvidal was doing a makeover to Diazs face. Masvidal still seemed he had enough left in the tank.
            stop it! nate's cut was the same like it was against pettis. same cut. the diaz brothers always get cut up in fights. this is nothing new. bad stoppage. at least let it go for another round and if nate's cut gets worst then the ref could call it off...

Comment

They robbed mas he was about to baptize that man!

Comment

Masvidal always has been a more complete fighter of the two, way more tools to use, round 3 was nates best round as well, i think he genuinely would have turned the heat up and landed more on Masvidal. Its a shame it got stopped.

When the fight was announced i immediately thought 'aww nates gonna get opened up really bad, i hope he can make Masvidal gas out and sub him', there was no other way he could win.

Not saying any of this out of hate, i teally really do like Nate and i think his skills are top level, just as i said though, Masvidal just has more tools and i believe a higher fight iq than Nate(not that nates is bad).

It turned out, Masvidal didnt look like he was gonna gas, he was loving it, having a great time, nates style is perfect to make Masvidal look good.

In fairness, everyone knows nate leaks heaps of blood nigh on every fight, then take into account the new york state commissions past with cuts, it was always a high chance this was gonna be stopped from the outset.

If they rematch im concerned Masvidal wins it easier, big Nate fan but he's not gonna change anything, whereas Masvidal will come to a rematch with even more ideas and looks, hes a highly intelligent fighter, that's his biggest gift imo.

In boxing, you get a close points decision and they rematch, and 9/10 to boxer with the best technique and fight iq wins the re run easier.
                And i think the same applies in mma, probably all combat, the higher iq and range of techniques fighter more often than not wins easier.

Comment

Do we think Nate is shot now? Or still ring rust? 3 years is the kind of lay off where a majority of fighters are never quite the same as before...

Say he is a lot past peak, i think at peak Masvidal still beats him as long as his cardio is there, just the mesh of styles.

Is Nate that much past it? Or was Masvidal just that good on the night?

Comment

Working...
                  X