Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sugar Ray Leonard or Roy Jones Jr....who was better?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
    Prime Roy vs prime Ray.....P4P who was the better fighter??
    Depends how you look at it. SRL was the greater fighter in terms of what he achieved, who he beat etc.
    But in terms of Prime vs Prime Roy was the most talented and gifted boxer ever.
    Overall I’d edge SRL, I have him 5th and Roy 6th on my all time top 10 list

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
      WASHING WIN AGAINST BHOP??? LMFAOOOOO

Winning 8-4 without doing anything significant is close but CLEAR.

FAR from "washing". I'm sure you'll say that was a robbery too lmfao
      it was a washout...

bernard couldn't land anything significant, if it wasn't for his solid chin, there wouldn't have been absolutely nothing to remember this fight by...

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
        Ray Leonard and it's not close.
        It's really not...

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
        legacy wise sugar ray had more prime atgs to trump roy, but roy having washout wins on toney and hopkins gives him solid credibilility...

head to head roy is a bigger faster stronger version of ray, with bigger pop in both hands, especially the straight right...

all things being equal, ray would have to deal with roy's unorthodox puzzle, and roy would have to deal with ray's tenacity, especially in the late rounds...
        Roy was a duck and a steroid cheat. Not to mention his glass chin and comically bad record....

Comment

For me it's Roy Jones and isn't really that close.

Comment

Originally posted by lightsout_finit View Post
            It's really not...

Roy was a duck and a steroid cheat. Not to mention his glass chin and comically bad record....
            lol...i bet you wouldn't say that to his face....

Comment

Originally posted by lightsout_finit View Post
              It's really not...

Comically bad record?

Roy's got like 20 plus title fight wins in 4 weight divisions including heavyweight and two wins over other ATG's. Are you a hater or just stupid?

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
                lol...i bet you wouldn't say that to his face....
                Why not?? lol

Just because you're scared of some washed up racist boxer. doesn't mean others are....

lol
                dumb kid...

Comment

How can people say Leonard was a better fighter than Roy Jones prime for prime? Leonard was defeated in his prime while Roy never was defeated in his prime. Not only that, Leonard was defeated by an older, smaller lightweight in Roberto Duran who already had a loss on his record all while he was a bigger, younger, undefeated welterweight.

Roy has a win over a young Bernard Hopkins and James Toney, two guys who would rival even the best names on Ray Leonard's resume. Roy had a better win streak, moved up more weight classes, and was probably the more explosive fighter of the two.

And if they were to fight head to head prime for prime Roy would have washed Leonard. I don't see how anyone can say Leonard was better. He might have more hall of famers on his resume but that is all I'll give him over Roy.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                    Are you a hater or just stupid?
                    ...in that guy's case its both....

Comment

Leonard. He has wins over Hearns, Hagler, Duran and Benitez.

Comment

Working...
                      X