This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
    You're probably better off not arguing at all. You've basically made a dog's breakfast out of every rhetorical flourish you have attempted. Every argument has gone like this:

You: God exists because there are things in science we don't know!

Me: That's a meaningless statement, you could say that fairies exist because there are things in science we don't know. Or unicorns. Or goblins. Or giant alligators.

You: God is unknowable! Victory is mine!
    Lol, yet another pathetic try to make some humour (again imitating my style)
    Originally posted by Nick Name View Post
    Nick: "God loves you"
    Piggy: "Yes but you said that Hitler was an ayytheysthe"

Kastrioti does some constructive critic, instead you just keep bětching at me with your petulant self-indulgent half wit, hoping that some of your nerdy fellow atheists will pick it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Name View Post
      Lol, yet another pathetic try to make some humour (again imitating my style)
      YOUR style? You really are a fruitbat aren't you?

Kastrioti does some constructive critic, instead you just keep bětching at me with your petulant self-indulgent half wit, hoping that some of your nerdy fellow atheists will pick it up.
      I have treated your arguments with the reverence they deserve.

Comment

YOUR style? You really are a fruitbat aren't you?

I have treated your arguments with the reverence they deserve.
        Still bětching at me?? :gay:
        What do you wanna talk about, dude? Discussion is over as it seems... See to talk about something real or get lost, you understand?

Comment

Still bětching at me??
          What do you wanna talk about, dude? Discussion is over as it seems... See to talk about something real or get lost, you understand?

Comment

• Joe "The Brown Bomber" Louis
            http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...ge=gr&GRid=644
            Cus D'Amato
            http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...r&GRid=5097942
            Vernon "The Viper" Forrest
            http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=39892956
            Darren Sutherland
            http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=42013791

Comment

Shut up, bětch.

Comment

• Just read an interesting article in Skeptic magazine - Does religion cause violence?

The answer, perhaps surprisingly, is "no". Although it can be a factor in motivating hostility to "out-groups" and in encouraging cooperation within the "in-group", religion is not unique in its ability to do so. Other examples include sports teams or race-hate groups or street gangs. The factors driving people to violence are myriad and complex which fits in entirely with the way I see the world - things are seldom simple enough to summarize in a bullet-point.

Comment

• Religion, sports, politics, street gangs, internet forums, car parkings... All these environments can provide topics and arguments to unleash individuals' verbal or physical violence. If we blame it on these things, then all we could do to avoid violent behaviours is to stay locked at home all day long... Which is not even that safe as all the domestic violence cases demonstrate.
                  IMO the real causes of violence are way deeper than how they appear superficially: violence is inherent in man, and we must accept that wrath is a deadly sin which we must have under control in every situation.
                  Blaming religion to be the cause of violence is like blaming your car for doing a road accident when you're driving drunk: it's you who's driving the car, not the car that drives yourself. Religion can do a lot of good and a lot of bad it depends on the use you make of it.
                  Anyway if one're easily subject to wrath, any environment can rouse his violence.
                  Last edited by Nick Name; 03-08-2011, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Religion, sports, politics, street gangs, internet forums, car parkings... All these environments can provide topics and arguments to unleash individuals' verbal or physical violence. If we blame it on these things, then all we could do to avoid violent behaviours is to stay locked at home all day long... Which is not even that safe as all the domestic violence cases demonstrate.
                    IMO the real causes of violence are way deeper than how they appear superficially: violence is inherent in man, and we must accept that wrath is a deadly sin which we must have under control in every situation.
                    Blaming religion to be the cause of violence is like blaming your car for doing a road accident when you're driving drunk: it's you who's driving the car, not the car that drives yourself. Religion can do a lot of good and a lot of bad it depends on the use you make of it.
                    Anyway if one're easily subject to wrath, any environment can rouse his violence.
                    That was the point of the article. It was print only, or I'd provide a link.

Comment

• If there's anyone here who hasn't accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, I kindly ask you to read this first post and pray that prayer at the bottom of it to God from your heart.

Comment

Working...
                      X