Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather vs. Vasyl Lomachenko @ 130.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
    Steve Johnston, Casamayor and Diaz and Corrales? Man, we just have to agree to disagree. He also beat these guys by thin margins man. Wasn't like he was dominant at all. I think he's just getting more credit for beating Mayweather although technically he didn't do that. Just can't see it. I vote no. And you vote yes. And that's the way it will stay.
    Narrowly yeah but he still beat them.

If you are of the opinion that Castillo beat;

Mayweather
    Corrales
    Casamayor
    Johnston
    Bazan
    Diaz
    Lazcano

All in their prime and that is not a HOF calibur career then ok.

Comment

Well yeah. Castillo's defenses were all clearly household names.

Your word is dogshlt like always.
      You just lost this argument. You constantly go around praising and defending GGG yet have the nerve to discredit Castillo's resume???

You also had the nerve to compare castillo to micky ward???

Embarrassing, castillo #HallofFame by 2029

Comment

• --- At 13 fights in, Tue50-0 was fighting nondescript journeyman Hector Arroyo.

Loma is 3 wt champ and all time sensation whose AMA career kicks TUE butt also.

Give Loma USADA TUE vitamins and he kicks Spence rump as well, but Loma more honorable than woman beating TUE to go that route.

Step away from the koolaide and ride a true legend in the making!

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Are you under the impression that only great fighters are inducted into the HOF?

I would again consider further revision on the subject.

Seems like your comments are that of someone looking at Boxrec and don't really know of these fighters really.

Johnston certainly underachieved in his career compared to what was expected of him but he was still a respected World Champion and considered one of the best at Lightweight when Castillo beat him. That's "eh" to you Except when Boxrec says it's Upset of the year then its great for a moment.
          Nah, I've followed boxing for a long time. I wasn't into the lightweight era back then. This is true. I thought it was pretty dull to be honest. So you make a fair point there.

But like you even just said, Johnston fell way short of expectations. I remember seeing him fight on Tuesday night fights and was never that impressed. He was good but nothing special imo.

And well, Upset of the Year does say something. I mean, it wouldn't have been if Castillo was a respected fighter going in. Obviously most didn't expect him to do that well. I mean, that's a good thing really but it just says that before this, Castillo didn't accoplish much. I mean, I liked watching Castillo against Corrales. I don't think he was a bad fighter but I don't consider him a great one by any means.

As far as HOF, that's a good point I guess. It's not just great fighters which kind of brings up how much it really means to be in it. So we can agree that Castillo may get in but hell, it doesn't mean much then really.

I damn sure will never consider him to be great. To see the criticisms of other fighters, it seems like you and Canelo's boy are giving Castillo a pass tbh. And I mean, he has a reason to because the better Mayweather's legacy looks, the better Canelo looks for taking that L. I think there's bias here but we're all biased sometimes anyway. Hehe.

Comment

• Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
            You just lost this argument. You constantly go around praising and defending GGG yet have the nerve to discredit Castillo's resume???

You also had the nerve to compare castillo to micky ward???

Embarrassing, castillo #HallofFame by 2029
            I lost the argument so badly that had to say it.

Go around defending GGG. Okay. Well GGG beat your god there in the first fight. Many people thought so. I thought GGG bested him twice. But GBP was never gonna let him lose. So it is what it is.

I didn't compare him to Ward. You know what I said. You're spinning shlt like always.

Like I said, your word is dogshlt.

Comment

Narrowly yeah but he still beat them.

If you are of the opinion that Castillo beat;

Mayweather
              Corrales
              Casamayor
              Johnston
              Bazan
              Diaz
              Lazcano

All in their prime and that is not a HOF calibur career then ok.
              Those top three are good but the bottom three?

Definitely not.

Comment

I lost the argument so badly that had to say it.

Go around defending GGG. Okay. Well GGG beat your god there in the first fight. Many people thought so. I thought GGG bested him twice. But GBP was never gonna let him lose. So it is what it is.

I didn't compare him to Ward. You know what I said. You're spinning shlt like always.

Like I said, your word is dogshlt.
                You laughed at the idea of castillo being in the HOF but said Idk when it came to GGG.

Even though castillo has the better resume

Castillo #HallofFame by 2029

Comment

Those top three are good but the bottom three?

Definitely not.
                  All 3 were Top 5 at LW though.

Well, atleast 2 (Lazcano and Bazan)

So definitely good wins atleast.

Comment

• Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
                    You laughed at the idea of castillo being in the HOF but said Idk when it came to GGG.

Even though castillo has the better resume

Castillo #HallofFame by 2029
                    I don't think anybody knows about GGG yet. He's not done. Depends on what else he accomplishes. But hell, at least he's got some quantity.

Castillo's top wins would be Mayweather(technically not a win). I mean thought GGG beat Canelo but he didn't get the decision. Does that put him in there? I mean, a win over Canelo for you would mean the absolute world. Haha.

Castillo's other top wins were Corrales and Casamayor. Danny Jacobs is comparable to both for sure. So I don't see the big discrepency here. They're both borderline. GGG and Castillo but Castillo's done and I don't think he deserves it. GGG probably doesn't either just yet, thanks to the judges.

Comment

All 3 were Top 5 at LW though.

Well, atleast 2 (Lazcano and Bazan)

So definitely good wins atleast.
                      Okay but I have to ask. Top five according to who? The Ring magazine's ratings? Not mocking. Just asking.

Comment

Working...
                      X