Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to the James Toney vs Sam Pomphrey fight in Nov 2017?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to the James Toney vs Sam Pomphrey fight in Nov 2017?

I remember they were supposed to fight but I can't even find the freaking result of that unsanctioned bout lol. What happened? Who won and how?

I assumed it never happened, I remember the articles leading up to it, but searching now all the results are just pre-fight stuff, nothing about it actually happening. It's been 9 months and this is the first time any of us have cared so I guess there was a real a lack of interest but I checked the facebook page and wow it actually did happen, although only one photo to prove it.

Lots of photos of Toney in dressing room and hanging out with English people though. There's also a picture of some dude with his arms crossed so his hands are pushing up his biceps from behind making them look bigger for the photo. I thought guys stopped doing that aged 15-16. Their most recent post is about staging a Jeff Lacy comeback.

Comment

Intersting, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
        I assumed it never happened, I remember the articles leading up to it, but searching now all the results are just pre-fight stuff, nothing about it actually happening. It's been 9 months and this is the first time any of us have cared so I guess there was a real a lack of interest but I checked the facebook page and wow it actually did happen, although only one photo to prove it.

Lots of photos of Toney in dressing room and hanging out with English people though. There's also a picture of some dude with his arms crossed so his hands are pushing up his biceps from behind making them look bigger for the photo. I thought guys stopped doing that aged 15-16. Their most recent post is about staging a Jeff Lacy comeback.
        Damn look at that back fat

Comment

I know how people despaired at how Roy Jones overextended his career and came down in the world, but Toney is honestly a much sadder story

Comment

A true Rocky story eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Scopedog View Post
              I know how people despaired at how Roy Jones overextended his career and came down in the world, but Toney is honestly a much sadder story
              So true, I mean James Toney has nearly 100 prizefights in his career at 91.

Comment

Was that with Robin Reid as referee?

Comment

Working...
                X