Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we stop talking about spence garcia like its a legit fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
    Sorry to ruin the excitement but people seem to be getting caught up in the whole promo hype 'mikey sees something' 'he seems confident' etc. When it was first.rumoured it was dismissed as a freak show fight but but seems like promoters have conned people, or more likely spence fans are trying to hype mikey up.theres nothing intriguing about it apart from whether mikey manages to run and survive or whether he gets taken out early. Mikeys not even thst amazing, people talking as if its some elite superstar moving up in weight. Whos he actually beat? Hes never done anything even at the lower weights.He will get beaten, theres no ifs or buts about it cause hes half the damn size of spence, what else is there to talk about or get excited about.
    Yeah buddy, because a Lightweight has never beaten a Welterweight in the entire history of boxing!

Was Duran/Leonard a freak fight? What about De La Hoya/Trinidad?

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
      Basically this. Not sure why some UK fans are bringing up Khan or Brook. What’s more interesting is that Khan and Brook could size up to GGG and Canelo. Spence and Mikey are far more different in size disparities, but what makes this a legit boxing match is the skill level. People will say SRL and Duran were levels above, sure, collectively, but Garcia and Spence are legit P4P. Khan nor Brook were inferior than all these ñames mentioned.
      Good post. Couldn't green you now. Maybe next time.

Comment

People need to remember that Rigondeaux was very confident too and that he was ranked in the p4p lists as well. Almost identical

Look what happened to him
        Last edited by DuckAdonis; 03-12-2019, 02:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
          Mikey has a good chance of winning here, if i'm to keep it 100 like a c-note.

People often exaggerate the significance of weight discrepancies out of ignorance of the sport. The reality is, how much a weight discrepancy affects a fight is mostly about the style matchup. In this case, Mikey is the better boxer and he is a complete fighter, and fundamentally great, Spence is going to have to work to get by his defense, and land anything of significance, and he is going to have to move, and focus defensively because Mikey comes to work in the ring, he sticks to the game plan and doesn't get rattled. Mikey will land on Spence because Spence will be aggressive, and Mikey will look to control the center of the ring from the opening bell. And a skilled boxer like Mikey can still control the center of the ring fighting off the back foot, if he has to.

Mikey doesn't show up for pay days, or roll over, or take nights off, or take camp lightly, or ignore his corner. Mikey comes to win, and Spence is going to have to literally stop him, and I don't see it happening. Mikey is too active, calculated, determined, and too skilled a counter puncher and body puncher to allow it to happen.

I'm heating up that red for those cheeks btw.

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
          Basically this. Not sure why some UK fans are bringing up Khan or Brook. What’s more interesting is that Khan and Brook could size up to GGG and Canelo. Spence and Mikey are far more different in size disparities, but what makes this a legit boxing match is the skill level. People will say SRL and Duran were levels above, sure, collectively, but Garcia and Spence are legit P4P. Khan nor Brook were inferior than all these ñames mentioned.
          Cool best u two lump some money on mikey then and pay for the ppv, ignore the casuals like me. Weight doesnt really mater at all now ive been educated

Comment

I want to see spence at 160 after this fight against canelo as weight doesnt matter much, so why not? He can jump 2 divisions too.Lot of money on the table

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
              People need to remember that Rigondeaux was very confident too and that he was ranked in the p4p lists as well. Almost identical

Look what happened to him
              Theyve literally discredited that win based on weight but now weight doesnt matter much in this match up, even tho theres a bigger difference

Comment

I don't disagree, but this is what boxing is 95% of the time. We know the result going in and watch anyway. We hope the best fight each other but instead they defend against opponents who are huge underdogs. And all there is to discuss is what happens between the ropes in those fights, or the reasons why we're not seeing the actual fights we want to see. I'll take analysis of a mismatch over another round of 'AJ/Fury/Wilder ducking' threads. It'd be great to discuss better matchups but it's all predictable outcomes for upcoming title fights, Crawford, BJS, Munguia, Loma, Edwards will all win and nobody doubts it.

27th April and May 4th are good boxing weekends with competitive fights, but the next month is just predictable outcomes and we've gotta discuss something other than TV network negotiations and Broner's latest arrest.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

Accidentally greened you, but will remember to red K you the next 5 times around to make up for it.

Poor bait thread, and terrible casual takes that won't resonate with anyone who's been around this sport longer than a week.
                  You should go red k yourself now size dont matter doe!!!!!

Comment

You should go red k yourself now size dont matter doe!!!!!
                    It was more of a factor than I expected but as I explained elsewhere, Spence won because he was the better all around boxer and showed high ring IQ. A great fighter got beaten by a greater fighter.

I'll eat crow about the result, but what I said here earlier is still true.

Comment

Sorry to ruin the excitement but people seem to be getting caught up in the whole promo hype 'mikey sees something' 'he seems confident' etc. When it was first.rumoured it was dismissed as a freak show fight but but seems like promoters have conned people, or more likely spence fans are trying to hype mikey up.theres nothing intriguing about it apart from whether mikey manages to run and survive or whether he gets taken out early. Mikeys not even thst amazing, people talking as if its some elite superstar moving up in weight. Whos he actually beat? Hes never done anything even at the lower weights.He will get beaten, theres no ifs or buts about it cause hes half the damn size of spence, what else is there to talk about or get excited about.
                      "mikey sees something"

Yeah he did $$$

I didn't even watch this fight, Spence win was forgone conclusion although I was semi-surprised Garcia went the distance.

Comment

Working...
                      X