No announcement yet.

Per ESPN - Details of DAZN offer Wilder turned down

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
    I’m not sure I buy the offer to fight Breazele.
    The breazele fight is optional.

they can take the Wilder fight as a stand alone.

Why didn't they?

Quack quack and you know it

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
      Funny. I remember saying the same thing about Joshua turning down the $50mill deal.

Money isn’t the only consideration for a contract.

Neither side can really say too much any more. This is getting to be like Pac/Floyd where every criticism can be easily levelled at the other guy.

What is clear to me is that both sides want the fight (evidenced by the amount of money they are putting up for it), but neither want to lose control of the promotion (which is why massive offers keep getting turned down).

If this fight can’t be made with the numbers being put up, then it’s going to be a massive upstream battle to get it while both are still prime.

F**king sucks
      Left up to the fighters, the match would’ve occurred already.

This is a classic example of what happens when suits get in the way.

Clearly Joshua would’ve taken the $50 million guarantee plus upside. But as he mentioned, he was tied to others and couldn’t accept.

Now, Wilder is getting an offer trying to get him to be tied down too.

Fans need to stop supporting this notion that a fighter needs to sign elsewhere just to make a fight. It’s ludicrous.

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
        What would be acceptable to you? I mean 100 million sounds like an awful lot to me!! Only against fury as he made within 5-10% of that figure and even that fight barely beyond that. Given it would effectively be 18/24 months contract it seems obvious to 95% of us that any rejection is really just a fear Of losing.
        This isn't about us, though. This is about Wilder, and he takes this personally. He's mad at Hearn and on principle wants to force a 50/50 split for how they ducked him in the past. Working for Hearn now would be degrading after all the back and forth shiz talking they've had and still have to dis day.

Plus, this fight may not be Mayweather-Pacquiao, but it will be a lot closer to that than not. 40 million is a ripoff.

Comment

Originally posted by Holler View Post
          Exactly how's he going to do that?
          Once he gets the mandatory out of the way, he can rematch Ortiz. After that, look for the best available opponent. It's a waiting game, and two fights down the line Fury will be under strong pressure to have a meaningful fight. Joshua's already been under pressure for a whiile now. The gravy trains for both Joshua and Fury will stop if they don't fight Deontay soon. He knows that. So why cave to either ESPN or DAZN? He can force them to fight on even terms. His prime's almost done anyway, so they've already ducked it. Might as well get paid for the wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
            I’m not sure I buy the Breazele offer.
            I’m sure you don’t because it will be hard to defend rejecting 20 million to fight breazle so it’s better to pretend it’s not real.

Comment

Originally posted by todisday View Post
              Once he gets the mandatory out of the way, he can rematch Ortiz. After that, look for the best available opponent. It's a waiting game, and two fights down the line Fury will be under strong pressure to have a meaningful fight. Joshua's already been under pressure for a whiile now. The gravy trains for both Joshua and Fury will stop if they don't fight Deontay soon. He knows that. So why cave to either ESPN or DAZN? He can force them to fight on even terms. His prime's almost done anyway, so they've already ducked it. Might as well get paid for the wait.
              You might be right. Wilders fans have already shown they’re happy with him fighting bum after bum and rejecting offers to unify so the pressure won’t be on him

Comment

Why sign that slave contract, when Wilder can force the 50/50 whilst making $4-5m against Breazeale and Kownacki in Alabama? You must all be crazy!

Comment

Wilder is legit ******ed if he turned that down.

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
                    Why sign that slave contract, when Wilder can force the 50/50 whilst making $4-5m against Breazeale and Kownacki in Alabama? You must all be crazy!
                    "Ya'll must be crazy!"

Way more convincing.

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
                      I’m sure you don’t because it will be hard to defend rejecting 20 million to fight breazle so it’s better to pretend it’s not real.
                      The 100 million dollar deal for Fury wasn’t true and the media reported that. A lot of disinformation in sports especially boxing. I just find it hard to believe anybody would pay Wilder 20 million for Breazele.

Comment

Working...
                      X