Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao is GREATER than Mayweather IF HE FIGHTS Keith Thurman!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
    It is mainly black boxing fans who honestly believe Floyd's legacy eclipses Manny's.

If you take the whole career, the great fights, the overall approach and entertainment factor...its impossible to say Floyd gave more to the sport than Pac.

Floyd was a money fighter, Manny was and is a real Champion.
    Entertainment factor is a point I think you are very wrong about.

The numbers show Floyd had higher gates and sold more PPV's than Manny did. Against common opponents he sold more tickets and PPV's at higher prices and sold more seats. No maybe you as a diehard fan find Manny more entertaining but the objective data available shows Floyd was more entertaining, especially to the casual sports fan.

As fro what they brought to the sport, Floyd has 4 huge events that when he had them put boxing back at the top of the sports world, a place it hadn't occupied since Tyson.

As for black fans, we are in many ways the driving force behind ratings the sport gets. We have extensive knowledge of the sport. Perhaps our roots in the sport and connection to it make our opinions more valid. Its almost as if you are suggesting we think Floyd is better simply because he is black. Yet the empirical evidence supports our choice.

Either way we are all entitled to our opinion about who is greater but with respect to entertainment the objective data clearly shows who is more entertaining.

Comment

• Nope. They fought and floyd won.

I like manny more than i like floyd.

I'm not black either.

Comment

• How about they are both great?

Comment

• pac is already arguably greater...if he faces and beats Thurman, he will definitely have finished his career stronger.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            Entertainment factor is a point I think you are very wrong about.

The numbers show Floyd had higher gates and sold more PPV's than Manny did. Against common opponents he sold more tickets and PPV's at higher prices and sold more seats. No maybe you as a diehard fan find Manny more entertaining but the objective data available shows Floyd was more entertaining, especially to the casual sports fan.

As fro what they brought to the sport, Floyd has 4 huge events that when he had them put boxing back at the top of the sports world, a place it hadn't occupied since Tyson.

As for black fans, we are in many ways the driving force behind ratings the sport gets. We have extensive knowledge of the sport. Perhaps our roots in the sport and connection to it make our opinions more valid. Its almost as if you are suggesting we think Floyd is better simply because he is black. Yet the empirical evidence supports our choice.

Either way we are all entitled to our opinion about who is greater but with respect to entertainment the objective data clearly shows who is more entertaining.
            You make a good case and i wont challenge your points.

I think that it could easily be said that BOTH Manny and Floyd needed each other to build their legacies.

On your point regarding entertainment, you are correct that Floyd generated huge PPV $$$ but in terms of style and excitement i honestly feel Manny offered more. People paid to hopefully see Floyd lose, but yes he was a better business product.

Comment

• Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
              pac is already arguably greater...if he faces and beats Thurman, he will definitely have finished his career stronger.
              Floyd finished his career by Beating Canelo, Maidana Twice, Pacquiao and Berto. How can you even make that claim?

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingTrav View Post
                Floyd finished his career by Beating Canelo, Maidana Twice, Pacquiao and Berto. How can you even make that claim?
                negative, he finished his career beating berto and McGregor...broner and Thurman would trump that. it doesn't really matter at this point, cuz the fight isn't even signed and I doubt pac would get by Thurman anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
                  You make a good case and i wont challenge your points.

I think that it could easily be said that BOTH Manny and Floyd needed each other to build their legacies.

On your point regarding entertainment, you are correct that Floyd generated huge PPV $$$ but in terms of style and excitement i honestly feel Manny offered more. People paid to hopefully see Floyd lose, but yes he was a better business product.
                  Floyd because of his style won many fights going away. I think fans, especially sports fans, appreciate and like greatness when it dominates like that.

I don't think you can say for sure that is why people paid to see him. That may be the reason you and others on NSB did but that can't be extended to everyone.

Manny was in close fights with a lot of guys because he couldn't fight the way Floyd did, most likely because he doesn't have the amateur pedigree, comes from a fighting family, or is blessed with the arm length Floyd has. That said I get your point that as a boxing fan, when you watched Manny it would be more of a fight and you find that more entertaining.

Comment

• Pac is nearing top 10 of all time.

Comment

• Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
                      How about they are both great?
                      Indeed. great post

Comment

Working...
                      X