No announcement yet.

Danny Jacobs to Make $15 Million vs Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
    Its not a PPV, there isnt a PPV split. The majority of the fighters purse is going to be guaranteed money.
    It's clear that Maxi doesn't know anything. He's a douche and a elitist ignore him. It was stated months ago DAZN has no PPV

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
      Link on the 22M?

And like I said, it's not about what he deserves. Is he worth 15M? Of course not. But if you are paying Canelo THAT much money, you better have some legitimate opponents lined up for him. And don't forget, if Jacobs sign with say PBC, then DAZN likely also loses GGG. So then what do they have left for Canelo? You need fights like Jacobs and especially GGG to drive up subscribers for DAZN. If the subscribers don't increase to the level they expect/need, then good chance they also don't prioritize boxing going forward.
      The info was on celebrity net worth.com. and you just confirmed my point anyways. Jacobs is not worth 15 mil at the moment. But that said, I think he's a good guy and deserves a good payday. He didn't beat GGG though.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
        Great....he deserves after he arguably beat GGG and they ducked the rematch
        Nobody ducked a rematch. You fight the champ when given an opportunity. Fkn duh

Comment

i dont believe that he will get 15 million for a canelo fight. this sounds like dazn propaganda. if true damn every boxer needs to sign on to dazn while they are giving away money similar to how pbc was their first 2 years.

Comment

People really need to understand what they're reading. "Up to 15M" is not earning 15M. In 99% of cases, it's nowhere close to the quoted number.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              i dont believe that he will get 15 million for a canelo fight. this sounds like dazn propaganda. if true damn every boxer needs to sign on to dazn while they are giving away money similar to how pbc was their first 2 years.
              Because there's no PPV ! why can't anyone understand this ? If there is a PPV Jacobs will have a guarantee of 5 million and will still earn more than 15 million due to ppv splits

Comment

So he makes $8 million minimum with thay potential to be $23 million for the same 3 fights.

Oh and if he beats Canelo everything is moot because the rematch will be larger and he'll make more...the clause for $8 million is ONLY if he loses and he warns $4m/per next fight for two fights.

It is POSSIBLE that he fights Canelo twice, wins both, and earns very little since we dont know what the range is...for example $1 USD-$15 million USD...probably based on subs/live gate/views of their all access program, etc.

If both fights are somehow a complete bust - which is nearly impossible (negligent odds) - then Jacons gone be poor!!

DAZN is a thieving JOKE.

#BoratLogic

stealthradon

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                  The info was on celebrity net worth.com. and you just confirmed my point anyways. Jacobs is not worth 15 mil at the moment. But that said, I think he's a good guy and deserves a good payday. He didn't beat GGG though.
                  Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                  Nobody ducked a rematch. You fight the champ when given an opportunity. Fkn duh
                  Thanks for your OPINION

The HBO broadcasters literally said after the fight and before the scorecards...Max to Jim..."Jim, we may legitimately have a new Middleweight champion of the world".

Borat ducked a much-needed rematch so he could fight Vanes in between losing to Canelo twice.

What a croc

#BoratLogic

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyValmer View Post
                    Because there's no PPV ! why can't anyone understand this ? If there is a PPV Jacobs will have a guarantee of 5 million and will still earn more than 15 million due to ppv splits
                    that ppv revenue system is used as a safe guard so the promoter doenst lose money. if the fight doesnt sell well the fighters dont make as much. you are saying hearn just took away the safe guards and is giving away money if the fight sells or it doesnt? that doesnt sound so smart.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      It's all based on subscriptions. If 2.5 million people subscribe AND keep their subscription into June - maybe $10 million...if 2.5 million subscribe and keep subscription through August...$15 million.

Its probably something like that.

DAZN is doing everything it can to build its product and I imagine their contracts are worded along those lines..with different tiers of bonuses depending on how well a fighter and their camp can sell a fight.

Nonetheless I see Danny making closer to $10 million which is more than he wouldve made with any promoter/Haymon against any fighter

Comment

Working...
                      X