No announcement yet.

Erislandy Lara blows

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motofan View Post
    In amature scoring yeah, but if you open hand sprint-slap me twice and I powershot your head back once I win. Canelo literally landed every meaningful punch in that fight.
    I agree with the description you provide, but of course not every fight is that clear. I don't remember the fight well enough to agree if Canelo literally landed every meaningful punch. But for the sake of argument, let's say he did. Let's further assume Alvarez landed ten "meaningful" punches, while Lara landed fifty lesser, scoring punches. Which is greater? That's where judging comes in. I'm not saying the punches were that disparate -- it's just an example -- but I did think Lara's number of landed punches outweighed Canelo's more "meaningful" punches. Just my opinion.

Comment

oh dear, you've opened up a can of worms here. Lara is the golden boy in this forum, see you've got some angry responses, expect many more. According to nsb, lara is the most underrated fighter ever. The guy who would beat everyone, theres never been such a master boxer in the sport as there is erislandy lara. Him drawing to Molina, martisoryan, getting dropped by alfredo angulo twice, losing to the same guy 4 times in one year in the amateurs (Lorenzo aragon), means nothing in there eyes, they were all fluke performances. And GGG has nightmares thinking about lara and wouldn't land a glove on him, although they are both amateur world champs, GGG is just a basic plodder and not a patch on lara

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
        oh dear, you've opened up a can of worms here. Lara is the golden boy in this forum, see you've got some angry responses, expect many more. According to nsb, lara is the most underrated fighter ever. The guy who would beat everyone, theres never been such a master boxer in the sport as there is erislandy lara. Him drawing to Molina, martisoryan, getting dropped by alfredo angulo twice, losing to the same guy 4 times in one year in the amateurs (Lorenzo aragon), means nothing in there eyes, they were all fluke performances. And GGG has nightmares thinking about lara and wouldn't land a glove on him, although they are both amateur world champs, GGG is just a basic plodder and not a patch on lara
        When GGG says that Kell Brook was his biggest test, what does it say about Lara? Believe me, GGG wants nothing to do with Lara. He can make all the excuses he wants but he'd rather fight local no pedigree bums at middleweight.

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
          When GGG says that Kell Brook was his biggest test, what does it say about Lara? Believe me, GGG wants nothing to do with Lara. He can make all the excuses he wants but he'd rather fight local no pedigree bums at middleweight.
          Angulo even managed to knock him down twice lol, although wouldn't be shocked if you all start saying angulos got more power than GGG and better at cutting the ring off

Comment

Angulo even managed to knock him down twice lol, although wouldn't be shocked if you all start saying angulos got more power than GGG and better at cutting the ring off
            Yeah, yeah, the famous Angulo knock downs. I guess Canelo should've knocked him out then.

Comment

I'm a Lara fan and he lost that fight. Too many close rounds, but Canelo was the agressor the whole time. Canelo wins.
              Originally posted by Motofan View Post
              In amature scoring yeah, but if you open hand sprint-slap me twice and I powershot your head back once I win. Canelo literally landed every meaningful punch in that fight.
              I'd be happy with 115 either way. Lara stood inactive for sometime during the fight.
              But when you get 117, or a draw against Floyd, and some ridiculous 119 against Cotto it smells.

Comment

Now that you mention it, Angulo did ko Gabe a lot faster.... but wasn't their some weird weight dispute involved in Angulo/ Lara.

Comment

Yeah, yeah, the famous Angulo knock downs. I guess Canelo should've knocked him out then.
                  just shows how **** canelo is really

Comment

just shows how **** canelo is really
                    That would make sense if Canelo didn't knock Angulo the fück out

Comment

That would make sense if Canelo didn't knock Angulo the fück out
                      He didn't tho? He stopped him but don't start with the hyperbole.

Comment

Working...
                      X