Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you do with a baby with a 104 degree fever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you do with a baby with a 104 degree fever?

My sister gotta work in the morning so I gotta take card of my lil niece, my mom works til 8 in the morning so I don't know if I got to take to the hospital or not. What would you guys do? Anybody with experience? I'm googling this ***** right now too.

Yo seriously, shes shaking on my lap, I don't know if shes seizuring or just has the chills. Its not really violent but tis really freakin me the **** out.Im bout to call the police.

Comment

Damn 104. I don't have a kid but I'd seriously go to the hospital man.

Comment

Give her some calpol and get her straight to the hospital, do it now. The calpol might hold or take the fever down a little, but 104 is dead serious.

Comment

Yeah anything above 102 for a baby is way to high.

It can result in brain damage.

Hopefully you went to the hospital.

Comment

Take her to the doctor/hospital. In the mean time use cold compress or ice pack wrapped in pillowcase to keep her temp down.

act now!
            Last edited by TBear; 06-27-2011, 04:37 AM.

Comment

dip a rag into some vinegar and put the rag around his feet.

Comment

back in Bosnia there was no doctor in the village..we used to use home remedies.

Comment

my mom would put a cold towl on my forehead ...

but you should probably take her to the hospital or something

Comment

use two towels at a time, apply cold compress to different parts of the body. Apply it part by part. From the top of the head, going down to the lower parts. Even apply the cold compress in the arm pits, then at the elbows, also at the back of the knees. Let the damp towel absorb the heat. When the towel warms up, wash the towel again in cold water. Squeeze out the excess water and continue with the cold compress. The child may complain about the cold, but that is expected due to the extremely high temperature, which makes the child feel unusually cold.

However, at that temperature, you should go to the hospital. That's a dangerous temperature as you might experience seizures, and after that, some form or permanent brain damage.

Comment

Working...
                    X