No announcement yet.

Golden Boy submits altered proposed bout sheet for Liddell vs. Ortiz 3 card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden Boy submits altered proposed bout sheet for Liddell vs. Ortiz 3 card

Golden Boy Promotions has made some alterations to its slate for the Liddell vs. Ortiz 3 card.

Per a document obtained by MMA Fighting from the California State Athletic Commission (CSAC), Golden Boy has shifted some fighters around and added a new fight to the Nov. 24 event — Ultimate Fighter alum Tom Gallicchio vs. Jason Manly.

The main event will, of course, feature the third fight between UFC Hall of Famers Chuck Liddell and Tito Ortiz. The card takes place at The Forum in Inglewood, Calif., and will air live on pay-per-view. This is boxing promoter Golden Boy’s first foray into MMA promotion.

The fights submitted to CSAC for approval are proposed and not necessarily officially signed. Gallicchio vs. Manly is planned to be a swing bout on the prelims.

Gallicchio (19-10) has not fought since falling to James Krause by unanimous decision at the TUF 25 Finale in December 2017. The 32-year-old New Jersey native and Team Quest product did notch wins over Eddie Gordon and Justin Edwards during the TUF 25 season. Manly (5-0) has not fought since 2015, but is a training partner for well-known fighters in California, like Ronda Rousey. Manly has been training with Liddell for this card.

With Gallicchio vs. Manly approved, a planned bout between Albert Morales and Cleber Luciano no longer appears on the Golden Boy bout sheet. In addition, Jose Huerta will now face Francisco Estrada, rather than Fernie Garcia. Garcia will stay on the card and fight an opponent to be determined. Westin Wilson is expected to face Leandro Gomes, not Mike Segura as initially scheduled. UFC and Bellator veteran also Kendall Grove no longer appears on the bout sheet.

Here is the new bout sheet submitted to the commission

PPV Main Card

Chuck Liddell vs. Tito Ortiz

Kenneth Bergh vs. Jorge Gonzalez

Gleison Tibau vs. Efrain Escudero

Walel Watson vs. Ricardo Palacios

Deron Winn vs. Tom Lawlor

Jay Silva vs. Oscar Cota

Prelims

Tom Gallicchio vs. Jason Manly (swing)

Jose Huerta vs. Francisco Estrada

Fernie Garcia vs. TBD

Dave Terrel vs. Johnny Cisneros

Craig Wilkerson vs. Joshua Jones (swing)

Westin Wilson vs. Leandro Gomes (swing)

Amateur Bouts

Joshua Kim vs. Johnny Robles

Fred Colbert vs. Juan Soto

Jonathan Kim vs. Mauro Gutierrez

Tyler Schafer vs. Mariana Avila

Julianna Miller vs. Jasmine Pouncy

hahahahaha oh lord that's bad

Comment

Did Oscar just make up a bunch of names?

I'm a boxing guy first & consider myself more a hardcore-ish/casual mma fan, but I only know like 3 or 4 guys on that undercard.

Also holy f#ck thats 17 fights with some f#cking amatuer fights on the card too ffs lmfao. Wow. I mean obviously this was gonna be a sh^t show, but I was more optimistic about how sh^t show-ish it would be I think.

Imma go look some of these mfers up for sh^ts & giggles.

Comment

after reading your reply I decided to count how many names I recognise .... lol ^^

10 ... but Prime Chuck & Tito aside the only "high level" fighter there is Tibau IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Did Oscar just make up a bunch of names?

I'm a boxing guy first & consider myself more a hardcore-ish/casual mma fan, but I only know like 3 or 4 guys on that undercard.

Also holy f#ck thats 17 fights with some f#cking amatuer fights on the card too ffs lmfao. Wow. I mean obviously this was gonna be a sh^t show, but I was more optimistic about how sh^t show-ish it would be I think.

Imma go look some of these mfers up for sh^ts & giggles.
          Bellator add local pros and amateurs to their cards, pay them $500-$2000, and if they impress they might get offered fights on the business end of Bellator undercards. It's been their system for a long time.

Comment

i dont know any of those names lol except for chuck and tito.

Comment

Originally posted by Sn1 View Post
              Bellator add local pros and amateurs to their cards, pay them $500-$2000, and if they impress they might get offered fights on the business end of Bellator undercards. It's been their system for a long time.
              The UFC does a fair amount of that to. And I'm a fan of that strategy. Great way to find undiscovered talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                The UFC does a fair amount of that to. And I'm a fan of that strategy. Great way to find undiscovered talent.
                UFC pays a minimum of $12500 per fight though, something to note

Comment

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
                  Gleison Tibau is the only guy that can claim he possibly beat Khabib Nurmagomedov, fans should know OF him even if they don't remember his performances.

Comment

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
                    Ditto for that

Comment

Working...
                    X