Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fight Moved up a week and a weightclass. Any tips for fight week?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fight Moved up a week and a weightclass. Any tips for fight week?

So my fight which was originally scheduled on the 27th of oct, has been moved up a week to the 20th, and I've been moved up a weightclass. I've successfully added the weight over the past couple of weeks and felt strong while maintaining the same speed. My opponent has had 3 fights, not certain of his record.

Had been running in the cold and sort of wet this week. Yesterday I woke up feeling like ass, was supposed to go train/spar last night but really wasn't feeling up to it. Been drinking a ton of water, taking vitamins, eating well (soup etc). Still not feeling great today, but going to try to go get a light session in tomorrow morning.

I know all of the work has already been put in basically and this next week is supposed to be focused on recovery anyway.

Any tips for fight week?

Try throwing more garlic in your food when you are feeling like ass or a cold or w/e coming on. Knocks that sh^t right out for many people, myself being among them, &/or prevents it from becoming worse.

Comment

Originally posted by tcbender View Post
      So my fight which was originally scheduled on the 27th of oct, has been moved up a week to the 20th, and I've been moved up a weightclass. I've successfully added the weight over the past couple of weeks and felt strong while maintaining the same speed. My opponent has had 3 fights, not certain of his record.

Had been running in the cold and sort of wet this week. Yesterday I woke up feeling like ass, was supposed to go train/spar last night but really wasn't feeling up to it. Been drinking a ton of water, taking vitamins, eating well (soup etc). Still not feeling great today, but going to try to go get a light session in tomorrow morning.

I know all of the work has already been put in basically and this next week is supposed to be focused on recovery anyway.

Any tips for fight week?
      Have you got the cold?

Comment

Originally posted by abracada View Post
        Have you got the cold?
        You know I'm not really sure. Kind of have the chills/body temp feels off (colder than normal), feeling just kind of run down, and a bit of a sore throat. Actually feeling a little better than I did earlier and yesterday at this time, but seems to be better later on in the day and sort about an hr or two after I wake up. No fever or high temperature or any other side effects.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Try throwing more garlic in your food when you are feeling like ass or a cold or w/e coming on. Knocks that sh^t right out for many people, myself being among them, &/or prevents it from becoming worse.
          Def going to be eating some extra garlic tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by tcbender View Post
            Def going to be eating some extra garlic tonight.
            If you are just dealing with a common cold than I would recommend getting to the gym and just sweat it out of yourself. When ever I felt like you do I would just get to the gym and work it out. If that doesn't work than I would say get to the doctor and find out what virus you have working inside of you.....Rockin'

Comment

Garlic is an excellent idea.

To extend a week, don't push yourself too hard. As a BJJ coach of mine used to say, you're not going to be able to change much in that last week so just focus on maintaining and staying healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                If you are just dealing with a common cold than I would recommend getting to the gym and just sweat it out of yourself. When ever I felt like you do I would just get to the gym and work it out. If that doesn't work than I would say get to the doctor and find out what virus you have working inside of you.....Rockin'
                Agreed.

It does sounds like a cold, but would visit the docs to have a once over, can’t risk health especially when someone is trying to knock your head off your shoulders.

Comment

If you're not cutting weight you should be fine. Drink more hot tea with raspberries and lemon. Always change your cloth after you sweat a lot, for me 3-4 shirts for 1 training session are enough. Don't go near open window if it's cold outside. Gargle several times a day with a warmed up saltwater and chlorophylliptum (or other antiseptic). Wash your mouthguard thoroughly - leave it in a water with mild antiseptic it really helps. Stay warm, dress warm, wear a cap. If fight is coming in one week, don't do long distance runs, stop lifting weights. More shadowboxing, work on your combinations that you were comfortable to throw in your sparrings, drills, working before the mirror. All other things are pretty usual, live by your normal daily schedule to not overthink and get nervous. Don't miss your trainings, don't be afraid to break a sweat - even right before the fight when warming up. Go there a couple hours before to get used to environment. Eat in small portions, the closer your fight is - bloated stomach is not good

Comment

Feeling much better today. Started feeling a little better last night, have got a bunch of sleep. Got to the gym this morning trained for an hr and then sparred a few rds, nothing too crazy. So yeah hopefully it was just a minor bug thing and I've flushed it out/gotten through the worst.

Nose is still a little swollen. Hoping by next week this time that'll be healed up nicely as well.

Thanks for all the recommendations!

Comment

Working...
                    X