Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We called Wlad and Floyd Boring for years...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We called Wlad and Floyd Boring for years...

What a mistake.. 2016 has been the most boring year in the history of boxing.

I am super excited for Wlads return and hope fmj returns as well.

Nope. They were boring as hell. That legacy is sealed.

Comment

Mayweather was never boring to me. I'd rather watch him than Thurman/Garcia/Spence/Porter/Bradley any day.

Comment

Everything about Floyd was exciting except what he did in the ring. And even that was fun the first time around because there was always the hope that maybe he'd get knocked out.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post

They are/were still boring and I question as to how May's return to the ring would improve 2016? A berto rematch maybe?

Comment

Mayweather was never a boring fighter, he had a couple boring fights though so people exaggerate. His fights vs Cotto, Mosely, Marquez, Madaina 2X were fairly action packed and entertaining. Vs Guerrero and Berto were fun to watch too. Vs Ricky Hatton was a very exciting and fun fight. Boring? The Pacquaio fight was boring (although it was a masterful performance), and to a lesser extent the Canelo fight was boring. Zab Judah was an extremely entertaining fight though. Even his total dominations were fun to watch, vs Gatti and Baldomir were fun to watch.

The thing with Floyd is he came up all the way from 130 and he didn't bring his power with him, so he didn't finish guys ate 147 and 154.

Comment

Vlad was mostly boring. Mayweather became boring towards the end of his career.

2016 sucked because of bad fights, ducking, marinating, stupid mandatories, etc.

Boxing doesn't need either of the two guys mentioned.

Comment

Floyd was never boring
                Wlad was sometimes boring, especially when got really old

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post

This thread is boring

Comment

I appreciate them both but neither has been in a FOTY for a reason.....they are not entertaining, just very effective at what they do/did.

Comment

Working...
                    X