No announcement yet.

Margarito vs Cotto Plaster myth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sugar ray lenrd View Post
    LOL,...I forgot to answer that question, Yes I fought someone w/ loaded gloves in the amatuers. Yes it happens in the amatuers as well. Why they do it? the same reason they use steriods in other sports. From my experience that is no joke, I was 17 years old. and it is sad that people will do stuff like that.

I'm not loaded now but i will be saturday when i gat home to watch the Ward/Kovalev fight...who you got?
    hmm i got Kovalev but im not deep in LHW ,if Ward win its ok,but i prefer Kova,i think he can do it on outside.

Comment

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
      Really? So tell them to sue for the year suspension that he got and his trainer got a life time suspension in the US
      You should go back and read my earlier post but I'll summarise it here:

The commission provided Capetillo and Marg with suspensions, even before the report came back from the lab.

The lab report said that the gauze contained 2 substances that can also be found in plaster casts but they are also found in something as simple as hand cream.

This is not to say Margarito didn't cheat or did not know what his trainer was doing when wrapping his hands but the myth that seemingly has become fact is that plaster casts seemed to have dropped out his gloves. That isn't even remotely close to the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        You should go back and read my earlier post but I'll summarise it here:

The commission provided Capetillo and Marg with suspensions, even before the report came back from the lab.

The lab report said that the gauze contained 2 substances that can also be found in plaster casts but they are also found in something as simple as hand cream.

This is not to say Margarito didn't cheat or did not know what his trainer was doing when wrapping his hands but the myth that seemingly has become fact is that plaster casts seemed to have dropped out his gloves. That isn't even remotely close to the truth.
        Well Capitillo said that he took the old gauze by mistake and wrapped them. You should look at the minutes of the official interview

Comment

Fck Cotto there wasn't any plaster.
          Last edited by Death_Adder; 11-17-2016, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post

Fck Cotto there wasn't any plaster.
            Wtf is this

****in internet man

Comment

Another important factor people forget about the fight is that Cotto was landing on marg, often and with power but marg just shrugged and kept walking forward.

That broke cottos heart long before his face was broken.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                Another important factor people forget about the fight is that Cotto was landing on marg, often and with power but marg just shrugged and kept walking forward.

That broke cottos heart long before his face was broken.
                I'm amazed it took this long for someone to point this out. People believe Margarito must've used plaster to inflict that kind of damage, but they overlook the kind of punishment he took to inflict said damage. It was hellish. Yet no one is claiming Antonio wore plaster on his jaw. Lol

I've always been skeptical of the plaster accusations. Of course I could be wrong. Maybe Margarito did cheat. I just don't see compelling enough evidence to go around saying Antonio cheated versus Cotto. Strange things happen in this world. People have a tendency to try and explain it in a way that fits their beliefs.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                  I'm amazed it took this long for someone to point this out. People believe Margarito must've used plaster to inflict that kind of damage, but they overlook the kind of punishment he took to inflict said damage. It was hellish. Yet no one is claiming Antonio wore plaster on his jaw. Lol

I've always been skeptical of the plaster accusations. Of course I could be wrong. Maybe Margarito did cheat. I just don't see compelling enough evidence to go around saying Antonio cheated versus Cotto. Strange things happen in this world. People have a tendency to try and explain it in a way that fits their beliefs.
                  Pretty much sums it up.

Comment

Working...
                  X