No announcement yet.

Online Companies Suck At Protecting Your Info

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online Companies Suck At Protecting Your Info

Holy f#ck. Was just looking into how many times my info has been stolen online from some company I trusted to protect my info & its more than I'd have thought. I guess most of us know this is a risk & is happening as we speak, but I was surprised to see it drawn out so clearly over the years.

For the specifics its looks like my info has been stolen 22 times from May 2010 til Sept. 2018. Twitter, MySpace (from back in the day), DailyMotion, Tumblr, a Poker site, two cryptocurrency sites, among several others being the parties at fault.

I've been noticing a lot of weird sh^t with some accounts I don't use any longer as of late so decided to do some digging.

Change your passwords on a regular basis even if you are using a password manager my brothers & sissies. Protect yourself.

You can check at https://haveibeenpwned.com/ if you aren't aware & it'll tell you exactly what info has potentially been stolen & from where.

Here's an example of what info they'll tell you.
    Neteller: In May 2010, the e-wallet service known as Neteller suffered a data breach which exposed over 3.6M customers. The breach was not discovered until October 2015 and included names, email addresses, home addresses and account balances.

Compromised data: Account balances, Dates of birth, Email addresses, Genders, IP addresses, Names, Phone numbers, Physical addresses, Security questions and answers, Website activity

The online companies will get the blame for lax security. And Chinese hackers or whatever.

But I suspect the funding for all this criminal activity comes from the Deep State. Sowing their chaos as always.
    Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 10-19-2018, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      The online companies will get the blame for lax security. And Chinese hackers or whatever.

But I suspect the funding for all this criminal activity comes from the Deep State. Sowing their chaos as always.

Comment

cancel your membership from brazzers! they leak your shiiet out like crazy.

Comment

Lol my account from when I was a young'un has only had 1 breach in 2017 and my real life email has 0. Good thing I don't use social media.

Comment

I got my shieeet phoned twice, on a site I never use anymore, hotmail.com

Back in the day, I did some part time work for a company related to Charles Schawb, they had big data, before the term became common parlance.

It’s rough out there.

Comment

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
              cancel your membership from brazzers! they leak your shiiet out like crazy.
              Damn you're right.

Brazzers
              In April 2013, the adult website known as Brazzers was hacked and 790k accounts were exposed publicly. Each record included a username, email address and password stored in plain text. The breach was brought to light by the Vigilante.pw data breach reporting site in September 2016.

Breach date: 1 April 2013
              Date added to HIBP: 5 September 2016
              Compromised accounts: 790,724
              Compromised data: Email addresses, Passwords, Usernames
              Some other interesting hacks.

Adult Friend Finder
              In May 2015, the adult hookup site Adult Friend Finder was hacked and nearly 4 million records dumped publicly. The data dump included extremely sensitive personal information about individuals and their relationship statuses and sexual preferences combined with personally identifiable information.

Breach date: 21 May 2015
              Date added to HIBP: 22 May 2015
              Compromised accounts: 3,867,997
              Compromised data: Dates of birth, Email addresses, Genders, Geographic locations, IP addresses, Races, Relationship statuses, Sexual orientations, Spoken languages, Usernames

Bestialitysextaboo
              In March 2018, the animal bestiality website known as Bestialitysextaboo was hacked. A collection of various sites running on the same service were also compromised and details of the hack (including links to the data) were posted on a popular forum. In all, more than 3.2k unique email addresses were included alongside usernames, IP addresses, dates of birth, genders and bcrypt hashes of passwords.

Breach date: 19 March 2018
              Date added to HIBP: 29 March 2018
              Compromised accounts: 3,204
              Compromised data: Dates of birth, Email addresses, Genders, Geographic locations, IP addresses, Passwords, Private messages, Usernames

Eroticy
              In mid-2016, it's alleged that the adult website known as Eroticy was hacked. Almost 1.4 million unique accounts were found circulating in late 2016 which contained a raft of personal information ranging from email addresses to phone numbers to plain text passwords. Whilst many HIBP subscribers confirmed their data was legitimate, the actual source of the breach remains inconclusive. A detailed account of the data has been published in the hope of identifying the origin of the breach.

Breach date: 1 June 2015
              Date added to HIBP: 10 January 2017
              Compromised accounts: 1,370,175
              Compromised data: Email addresses, IP addresses, Names, Passwords, Payment histories, Phone numbers, Physical addresses, Usernames, Website activity

Fling
              In 2011, the self-proclaimed "World's Best Adult Social Network" website known as Fling was hacked and more than 40 million accounts obtained by the attacker. The breached data included highly sensitive personal attributes such as sexual orientation and sexual interests as well as email addresses and passwords stored in plain text.

Breach date: 10 March 2011
              Date added to HIBP: 28 May 2016
              Compromised accounts: 40,767,652
              Compromised data: Dates of birth, Email addresses, Genders, Geographic locations, IP addresses, Passwords, Phone numbers, Sexual fetishes, Sexual orientations, Usernames, Website activity

Mate1.com
              In February 2016, the dating site mate1.com suffered a huge data breach resulting in the disclosure of over 27 million subscribers' information. The data included deeply personal information about their private lives including drug and alcohol habits, incomes levels and sexual fetishes as well as passwords stored in plain text.

Breach date: 29 February 2016
              Date added to HIBP: 14 April 2016
              Compromised accounts: 27,393,015
              Compromised data: Astrological signs, Dates of birth, Drinking habits, Drug habits, Education levels, Email addresses, Ethnicities, Fitness levels, Genders, Geographic locations, Income levels, Job titles, Names, Parenting plans, Passwords, Personal descriptions, Physical attributes, Political views, Relationship statuses, Religions, Sexual fetishes, Travel habits, Usernames, Website activity, Work habits

Non Nude Girls
              In May 2013, the non-consensual voyeurism site "Non Nude Girls" suffered a data breach. The hack of the vBulletin forum led to the exposure of over 75k accounts along with email and IP addresses, names and plain text passwords.

Breach date: 21 May 2013
              Date added to HIBP: 25 January 2017
              Compromised accounts: 75,383
              Compromised data: Email addresses, IP addresses, Names, Passwords, Usernames, Website activity

Comment

Working...
              X