Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Taylor Confident He'll Beat Martin, Then Baranchyk In WBSS Semis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Taylor Confident He'll Beat Martin, Then Baranchyk In WBSS Semis

Josh Taylor envisions his journey to the World Boxing Super Series' 140-pound final going through Ivan Baranchyk after he beats Ryan Martin. The Scottish southpaw is scheduled to meet Martin in a WBSS quarterfinal November 3 at SSE Hydro in Glasgow. Taylor "doesn't care who" wins another quarterfinal between Russia's Ivan Baranchyk (18-0, 11 KOs) and Sweden's Anthony Yigit (21-0-1, 7 KOs) on October 27 in New Orleans, but Taylor expects to battle Baranchyk in the semifinals.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Everything in this article, was said in this article - https://www.boxingscene.com/josh-tay...-hydro--132834 - which is still on the Boxing Scene home page.

Comment

Where will they host the final for this? Assuming it's Taylor and Prograis, America and Europe wouldn't be fair to the other guy, so where do they go?

Comment

Originally posted by The Smash View Post
        Where will they host the final for this? Assuming it's Taylor and Prograis, America and Europe wouldn't be fair to the other guy, so where do they go?
        Why wouldn't somewhere in Europe barring the U.K be fair? Do people from the U.S think of Europeans as all being the same or something? There's 24 different languages ffs, many cultures different from the U.K. Having it in Spain, Bulgaria or Slovakia would be no advantage to Taylor lol

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
          Why wouldn't somewhere in Europe barring the U.K be fair? Do people from the U.S think of Europeans as all being the same or something? There's 24 different languages ffs, many cultures different from the U.K. Having it in Spain, Bulgaria or Slovakia would be no advantage to Taylor lol
          Prograis and his people will not agree to it. It's a £50 plane ride to get from Edinburgh to any of those places.

Comment

Prograis and his people will not agree to it. It's a £50 plane ride to get from Edinburgh to any of those places.
            I'd bet my the deed to my house that one of the WBSS finals will be in Dubai again, or at least somewhere else that's similarly mega-rich with no history of boxing. Financial backing for this has to come from somewhere, and although it's Saurland's brainchild they don't have enough capitol on their own.

Comment

This fight was scheduled for some place else, but somehow, it got changed to the Hydro. Just lucky, since Josh will tell you NOBODY can beat him there. This guy loves the hometown advantage and I'm sure he plans to get it.
              Last edited by Corelone; 10-18-2018, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
                This fight was scheduled for some place else, but somehow, it got changed to the Hydro. Just lucky, since Josh will tell you NOBODY can beat him there. This guy loves the hometown advantage and I'm sure he plans to get it.
                Doesnt really exist in the WBSS, judging has been pretty damn good throughout.

Comment

Prograis better refuse to fight this guy in Scotland no matter what they offer.

Comment

Nonsense. I hope they have it in Canada, Mexico or Cuba.... I wouldn't honestly care if Taylor had to fight Prograis on/in his home continent.

Comment

Working...
                    X