• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I look at gingers with respect now because of this fight

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
      Blah blah blah
      Does the same apply to the first fight BTW?

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
        Obviously it doesn't show the whole fight, but I'm still confused where all this walking him down was. So much of that fight was in the middle of the ring or on the border of it. I don't get how people score rounds just because each guy is doing what the other is usually doing or supposed to do. For years we heard GGG can't fight off the backfoot and here he showed he can. Was it the right gameplan? Who knows what would've happened had he did what we're accustomed to him doing, but we can't score a fight based off what we expect a guy to do. It was a good fight nonetheless and I can't complain 7-5 either way. But Canelo fans need to stop sounding as if they're trying to convince themselves of something. Either you unconsciously rate Golovkin super high or aren't as confident in Canelo as you think. He fought a good fight. It's supposed to be a close match at this level. You're not supposed to blow out competition at the A level, despite what fans say on the extreme side of things.
        There was no walking anybody down. Both guys stayed in the ring center. It's just wishful thinking from a certain group.

Comment

Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
          I revisited the fight with this new highlight video and holy ****, canelo was in there to win or die. Golovkin was just trying to survive.

Canelo fought his ****ing ginger heart out. Golovkin couldn't believe how hard canelo was fighting, and it was like he was in survival mode, trying to cope with the onslaught.

yeah man. canelo is a very good - great fighter in his prime. golovkin is a very good fighter and he's 36.

Comment

Working...
          X