Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are certain members demanding Floyd fight all these 154/160 lbs fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No you trolls he fights at 154 when its a BIG fight.

Cotto? Big fight.

Oscar? Biggest fight.

Canelo? Big fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Burner © View Post
      Where was Cotto ranked when he fought him?

Where is RG ranked at WW now and whats wrong with Floyd fighting him at 147 pounds?

You can sit there all you want to push your agenda but you know damn well hes not a real JMW.
      If you want full credit for being 2x champ, and in the position to fight for the Ring belt vs a guy whose best win is Ryan Rhodes, you should assume some responsibilities that come with the role.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawkiller View Post
        Its time for the man to retire permanently.
        Let him retire then. He won't fight the best at 140, 147 or 154.

Martinez - Flomos say he's too big
        Trout - Flomos say he's too big
        Pacquiao - "my health comes first"
        Marquez - Flomos say he can't make catchweight
        Matthysse - Flomos say can't make catchweight

Instead, boxing gets a another blown up opponent with a light record at WW, great.
        Last edited by Weebler I; 01-10-2013, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
          This is another thread confirming the strongly held and widely held opinion Floyd is a cherry picker.

He didnt perform that well at 154 so should stay at 147? I dont understand this way of thinking. Its like saying dont take any risks floyd if you want to keep your zero.

Im sure JMM fights better around 135 or 140 than 147, but its a case of challenging yourself and going places that are risky and out of your comfort zone, not staying in your comfort zone like Floyd has done all his career just about.

Floyd dont fight much, so its even more important he takes risky fights and serious challenges everytime he gets in the ring, rather than fight Pacs leftovers, but at 154, as if 154 is supposed to erase all critism for Floyd. Fighting Pacs leftovers but at 154?
          Floyd lost out on FOTD with his do just as much as he can possibly get away with attitude, dont he and his fans learn>
          If you look at it with a neutral position instead of pro-pac, you would notice 154 is not a good look for him, 147 and below is his best weight. I agree that the 0 is VERY important to Mayweather, and he happens to be in a position to fight who and whenever he wants, so we all can complain til hell freezes over. I personally will not pay for either Pac or May's ppv's after the fight could not be made. I am curious as to who you think are the cherry-picked fights were, and the only two people that Pac fought 1st were Cotto and JMM.

Comment

again...He only fights at 154 when the opponent is past prime and shot! And holding a meaningless title belt despite how the got it!
            He only fights at 147 when his opponents are moving up from LW or LWW!
            Other than that he retires or goes to jail to avoid all the high risks!

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
              again...He only fights at 154 when the opponent is past prime and shot! And holding a meaningless title belt despite how the got it!
              only fought at 154 twice, Cotto and ODLH; now Cotto, I could slightly agree he is on the decline, shot not so much. ODLH was not hardly past his prime or shot, and if he was what does it say about your boy's win. He fought him at a catch weight and almost a year after, and wanted no part of Cotto at 154. He happens to hold the golden ticket along with Pac, that they can choose whom they want to fight at their preference.

Hatton and JMM did move up, but the $$$ dictated that just like all the guys that accepted the catchweight fights with PAC.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post

Martinez - "Floyd cherry picked a 40 year old man, weight drained him, and waited for him to break his knee"
                Trout - Has never called out Floyd/wants Canelo
                Pacquiao - zZz
                Marquez - Everyone knows what will happen again
                Matthysse - You are a ******

Instead, boxing gets a another blown up opponent with a light record at WW, great.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post

Martinez - Flomos say he's too big
                  Trout - Flomos say he's too big
                  Pacquiao - "my health comes first"
                  Marquez - Flomos say he can't make catchweight
                  Matthysse - Flomos say can't make catchweight

Just out of interest, why should Floyd fight all these guys above his best weight of 147lbs where he is a world champion and ranked number 1 in the world, but should give catchweights to Matthysse and Marquez? Hypocrite?

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                    -fights an extremely shot Cotto "he da GOAT, Money May #1"

-Canelo, Trout and other prime 154 fighters are possible opponents "Nah he to small u a hater, Floyd aint never gonna get no credit. U haters wanna see him lose!"

not only is Floyd ducking/cherry picking but now his Fans are ducking/cherry picking for him
                    You have a picture of a cheating scumbag as your av: says it all really about your love of the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                      I will not get sucked into a petty slagging match about Floyd v Pac. But I will state the following which you might come back to me on with some logical answers if you are capable of producing them, not just impartial dribble.

As an earlier poster said: Floyd fought Oscar a year before Pac and at Oscar's natural weightclass of 154lbs: Pac fought him a year later at 147lbs? Why is this acceptable?

Why should Floyd fight Marquez at 140lbs when Pac fought him at 147lbs in their last fight?

Floyd fought Cotto at 154lbs where Cotto was champion. Pac fought him at a cathcweight of 145lbs? Why is this acceptable?

And for the record i am not a Pac hater: He is a future HOF'er but in my opinion Floyd is a better fighter.

I look foward to your responses!!

Comment

Working...
                      X