Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can a man who has been inactive for 2 years be mandatory challenger?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can a man who has been inactive for 2 years be mandatory challenger?

I don't get this part of Bermane Stiverne being the mandatory challenger. I know he got paid step-aside money and a fight may have fell through in the past. But what is the logic behind a man being mandatory for 23 and 3/4 months without fighting?

His last fight in 2015 he got put down by Derric Rossy, a journeyman, before labouring to a close decision win.

Originally posted by WıLL View Post
    I don't get this part of Bermane Stiverne being the mandatory challenger. I know he got paid step-aside money and a fight may have fell through in the past. But what is the logic behind a man being mandatory for 23 and 3/4 months without fighting?
    Happens all the time because once you have your spot, you don't want to risk it. So you just have to wait. Especially if you're WBC/WBA/WBO mandatory and not IBF. IBF actually enforces their mandatories on a reasonable schedule. The other three, forget about it. Can drag on forever.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
      Happens all the time because once you have your spot, you don't want to risk it. So you just have to wait. Especially if you're WBC/WBA/WBO mandatory and not IBF. IBF actually enforces their mandatories on a reasonable schedule. The other three, forget about it. Can drag on forever.
      Well surely there's a time limit for enforcing mandatories. What's the story behind the WBC enforcing Wilder's mandatory on him in the last 24 months?

Comment

I thought Alexander PEDvetkin was mandatory in 2016? So how come after that Bermane Stiverne was given mandatory status again when he hadn't fought in 12 months?

Has Deontay Wilder ever made a mandatory defense of his title?

Comment

The explanation, however thin, is that Povetkin-Stiverne was supposed to be for the mandatory spot. Povetkin failed another test, fight was cancelled, and Stiverne got a free position as the mandatory.

Wilder has had no interest in that fight, so Stiverne's been sitting inactive waiting for his shot. It is what it is.

I'm not defending the WBC, but it's not like they installed him out of nowhere after sitting idle for two years.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
            The explanation, however thin, is that Povetkin-Stiverne was supposed to be for the mandatory spot. Povetkin failed another test, fight was cancelled, and Stiverne got a free position as the mandatory.

Wilder has had no interest in that fight, so Stiverne's been sitting inactive waiting for his shot. It is what it is.

I'm not defending the WBC, but it's not like they installed him out of nowhere after sitting idle for two years.
            Didnt Stirverne fail the test too along with povetkin?

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
              That is exactly right.

It is also apparent that the WBC were okay with Wilder fighting PEDvetkin but Wilder and his team skipped their flight, making the fight impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by WıLL View Post
                Well surely there's a time limit for enforcing mandatories. What's the story behind the WBC enforcing Wilder's mandatory on him in the last 24 months?
                Wilder was set to fight Povetkin in 2016 who was his mando until the PED issue came up.

Stiverne was scheduled to fight Povetkin for the interim title later in 2016 but Povetkin popped again for PEDS so iirc Povetkin lost his mando status and Stiverne got it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                  He test for DMAA well over a month out from the fight, apparently they let it go on because he actually took the supplement that contained it in front of the sample collector. I guess the presiding opinion was that it would have no effect on his performance so far out form the fight so they just fined him.

Comment

Anything is possible ,just watch the AMC Walking Dead . My only gripe with that is a real Zombie apocalypse to spread would have to be done tvery fast to spread . If slow moving bodies who have literally no walking stride even in long skips ,would make it impossible to over run the planet .

A zombie like virus is very plausible ,i brought certain things to a top genetic /disease control laboratory to find out what i already knew and that was they are experimenting with rabies which overrides the nervous system and are very close to a zombie like virus where ppl will attack anything out of a rage frenzie . I even pin pointed where the swine flu came from ,and had an insider back track it ......he no longer works there and i haven't heard from him in 2 years .

This just goes to show being held to a two year Mandatory is nothing compared whats relly going on !
                    Last edited by juggernaut666; 10-24-2017, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X