• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
    Welp, finally hit it my 2 goals.

365 on bench and 21 reps of 225.

197 weight.
    Good numbers.

My PB on 225lb is 23, but I have not put up anything more than 325lb for max in years (just never tried).

My weight is 215 (6'05"), I've dropped 7lb since the new year and there is no more fat to loose.

How do you approach your max press days?

For the longest time I've been doing 225lb 10x, 245lb 8x, 265lb 6x, 285lb 3-4x, 295lb 2-3x and off to something else.

Comment

• I go 135 for 10, 225 for 8, 275 for 5 315 for 3-4, 335 for 1, 355 for 1, 365 for 1, 225 for 20-21.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
        I go 135 for 10, 225 for 8, 275 for 5 315 for 3-4, 335 for 1, 355 for 1, 365 for 1, 225 for 20-21.
        Damn, no way I got the energy for that.

When I do go back to 225 after my max, which recently has been 295 all I'm good for is max 8x at which point my triceps just seize up.

Comment

• It does take awhile to build up to it, but when you do my muscle reacts well to it. The slow build up to my max seems to make my max easier.

Comment

• Don’t want to go for a run today, it’s sunday, good sports on the TV. F if,
            I getting off the sofa for a three mile jog.

Comment

• Imagine if you lived in the Matrix, and spent your entire life not knowing you could be whatever you wanted to be, and do whatever you wanted to do. The entire concept of the Matrix was that you lived in a world of code that you could alter and manipulate using your mind, and believing in yourself. Problem is no one knew it, except the main character and his friends. So everyone was more or less just walking zombies living in a computer world. What if real life was like that? When I box and I train, I think like this. When I do anything in life, I think like this. What a shame it would be living in a world where you could do whatever you set your mind too, yet you chose to live a rat race existence always believing the truly successful people were just "more talented" than you. What a shallow sad existence. Free your mind!

Comment

• Hitting legs today. There's nothing like starting off the workout week with the hardest workout! Everyone else works chest on Mondays anyway.

Comment

• Yesterday was my first day back in an actual gym in over 2 years. Afterwards I felt like I'd popped some happy pills. I only did 2.11 miles on the treadmill and around 11 mins/110 calories on the rowing machine. I am going to build up to 5 miles on the treadmill and maybe 30 mins on the rowing machine at a steady pace before I incorporate any strength training.

Comment

• Originally posted by Canelo Phresh View Post
                    Shoulder press, my greatest pyramid ever!
                    90lbs, 16 reps
                    180lbs, 12 reps
                    270lbs, 8 reps
                    320lbs, 4 reps
                    340lbs, 2 reps
                    320lbs, 4 reps
                    270lbs, 10 reps
                    180lbs, 12 reps
                    90lbs, 25 reps!
                    That’s elite pressing, I used to be a British level bodybuilder, I struggled to incline bench 3 plates a side never mind press it over head. What you weighing at the moment bud?

Comment

• If your looking for motivation check out some of Jordan Peterson’s vids on you tube, bringing full body training or upper lower splits back in fashion, with huge weights...

Watched an Eddy Hall bench vid the other day, he worked up to 6 plates a side for 6 paused reps with no spotter, then did the same again on the incline bench, awe inspiring stuff

Comment

Working...
                      X