This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by THE REED™

This is me at 181-182lbs... So I think 173, I should have abs... agree?

Im about 185-186 right now so not too bad after thanksgiving.
    You got a good deal of muscle mass under there.

I think you should have abs at 173lbs but one never knows where the fat is going to come off. If you're lucky, the abs

What's your height and what weight are you cutting to?

Comment

• Originally posted by meremortal View Post
      You got a good deal of muscle mass under there.

I think you should have abs at 173lbs but one never knows where the fat is going to come off. If you're lucky, the abs

What's your height and what weight are you cutting to?
      Im 5' 8.5" and Im cutting to abs lol

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
        Im 5' 8.5" and Im cutting to abs lol
        Nice, you're the same height as me . And lol, you're doing the opposite of most ppl; usually it's abs in the summer and fat for warmth in the winter.

Comment

Yeah because I dont care what time it is, I just want abs for once in my life... that pic is the leanest I had ever been, Im sitting about 5lbs north of that right now... Should be able to get back to that pic in about 2-3 weeks... Then I just gotta fight my way into the 170s which I believe is where my goal is..

Nice, you must be getting excited to be so close to six-pack status.

Comment

I added a 2nd pic to that post.
            Jesus, huge delts and arms, gonna look joocy after your cut.
            I've never had your level of muscle mass (heaviest I ever got was 170lbs), but I am always very lean.

And wow, thanks for the karma pump
            Last edited by meremortal; 12-04-2015, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Thanks... My arms have always been my best asset... some have great traps or huge legs etc, arms have always been mine.

Yeah, I have a pretty good muscle foundation which is another main driver in motivating me to get that ripped look, I wanna know what Id look like.

Ive always been slightly overweight... big appetite.
              Well arms are the best body part to have for impressing ppl.

My best area is probably back (at least strength-wise)

What's your training routine?

Comment

4 days a week.

Jump Rope-Chest-Abs
                12 rounds on the mitts with a 45min full body workout
                Stairmaster-Back-Arms
                Another Full body routine

Its not your typical split, youll notice LEGS is missing here... I have a bad lower back.. Legs bother the **** out of me when I work them. Somethings I can do, Dead lift and squat are completely out, leg press is ok if I go really light.. maybe 150lbs.(Which I need to be doing)

I work my legs from my jump rope sessions/stairmaster/and boxing on themitts.

I jump rope really good though. 20-30 minute sessions, no stopping no breaks, fast/medium/fast/medium tricks n all that fun ****.
                Impressive you can keep that amount of muscle while still doing lots of cardio. I definitely can't do 20-30 minutes of skipping...
                I'm recovering from a recent knee surgery so right now I'm just on the bike and elliptical 6x a week. Hoping to start skipping and leg training in a month or two.

Comment

• This is my bulking and cutting progress for 2015. I'm just focusing on getting very lean and having great cardio. I'm well aware of my muscle loss but my priority is stamina not mass. (tho, it's a little depressing to have noodle arms.)

Comment

• Nice, perhaps you can share what you do with your training and diet when you are cutting?

Comment

• Originally posted by Facade View Post
                      Nice, perhaps you can share what you do with your training and diet when you are cutting?

Thanks.

Diet:

Breakfast - Bagel w/Cheese, Banana, Orange juice, 20 almonds, 5 apricots, Yogurt

Lunch - Full can of chickpeas (796ml/27oz) w/ Ragu tomato sauce and occasionally avocado on top, Apple, Cup of trail mix

Dinner - Changes all the time but it's usually Rice or Pasta w/ chicken, pork, or beef and cooked vegetables, an orange, and a little bit of chocolate for dessert

Snack - Tuna, Trail mix or Chips, Veggies

Routine:

Shoulders/Chest: Handstand pushups 3 sets, Lateral Raises ss Front Raises ss Press 3 sets, Pushups 2 sets

Back/Shoulders: Chin ups ss Shrugs 3 sets, Chin ups ss Reverse flys 2 sets, Lateral Raises 5 sets

Chest/Back: (pick one of the following) Dips, Clapping Pushups, or One-arm Pushups 3 sets , Cable fly’s 3 sets, Cable Rows 5 sets, Pushups 2-3 sets

Legs: Squats 3 sets, RDL 3 sets, Leg extensions 3 sets, Leg curl 3 sets

Core everyday 3-5 sets
                      Cardio everyday 20-45 minutes (depending on intensity, if lower intensity then longer duration)

ss = supersetted
                      I do 20 rep sets for most exercises but for bodyweight exercises I usually just do as many reps as possible stopping 2-3 reps before failure. I do my cardio on a stationary bike.
                      I also do shadowboxing and skipping for ~20-30 minutes as a 2nd workout later in the day.
                      Last edited by meremortal; 12-10-2015, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X