Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder Manager Shakes Head at Joshua's $50 Million Request

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think you need to be an accountant or even pass high school maths to understand that if the REVENUE from a fight is about 100m, then the purses, ie the amount the fighters get, is typically about half of that, ie 50m.

So when Finkel is saying 'its a 100m fight, so 12.5m is 12.5%'

Yes, its 12.5% of the REVENUE, but its about 25% of the 50m purse split.

Joshua is responding with 'well, if 12.5m is 12.5%, and you want a 50/50 fight, then I'll take 50m, which is 50% right ?'

Yes, 50m is 50% of the REVENUE of the fight, but if the total purse is half of the revenue, then its pretty much all of the purse.

In summary:

Revenue: 100m (assume)
    Purses : 50m (assume 50% of revenue. This is the amount the camps actually get after all the cable fees etc)
    Wilder: 12.5m (is 25% of purse split IF it were accepted)
    Joshua: 37.5m (75% of purse split IF Wilder accepted the 12.5m)

Point is 12.5% of revenue of a fight isn't the same as 12.5% purse split. Joshua is taking Finkel's misrepresentation and turning it back on him.

None of which gets us any closer to any agreement.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      Wilder's team, and Hearn's enemies in the US, have been trying to con people into believing that the fight is much bigger, financially, than it actually is, so then they can take the line Richard Schaefer was taking: "it's a $100million fight, because of the substantial US money Wilder brings to the table, so Hearn should give him 50/50."

Hearn knew Wilder wouldn't accept his flat fee offer. He just wanted to create an opening for AJ's alternative offer: "Ok, well I'll accept 50% of that $100million you guys keep talking about"
      Don't say wilder team and joshua haters because ive even read articles from the sun uk themselves estimating this to be about a £75 fight which is a little over $100 million so wilder people arent the only one throwing out those numbers. Anyways yes i agree with the above
      Hearns knowsbthat he has limited time to make a deal with Wilder or else hes gonna have to fight Povetkin as a mandatory next and instead of making real offers hes playing games making offers he knows the other team wont accept like you said all while waisting the limited time they have to negotiate.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
        When did predictions become "facts"? This fight very well could generate $100M if planned and promoted well. Too often folks take others words and convert it into "what they mean" instead of taking whats said at face value. You nor I truly know what was in Joshua's head when he said that.
        Predictions aren't facts - that doesn't mean you can just come up with any old BS.

AJ's last fight he was reported to take under $20m. There are fairly strict rules nowadays about disclosure of purses, so we can be quite sure that this is accurate and incorporates total earnings from the fight.

Wilder took just over $2m.

Now you expect the fight to generate enough revenue to pay the fighters $100m?

Yes, the fighters will stand to earn a lot more than before, but 5 times more?

Sorry dude, but that's crazy talk.

Comment

Originally posted by vaborikua2014 View Post
          Don't say wilder team and joshua haters because ive even read articles from the sun uk themselves estimating this to be about a £75 fight which is a little over $100 million so wilder people arent the only one throwing out those numbers. Anyways yes i agree with the above
          Hearns knowsbthat he has limited time to make a deal with Wilder or else hes gonna have to fight Povetkin as a mandatory next and instead of making real offers hes playing games making offers he knows the other team wont accept like you said all while waisting the limited time they have to negotiate.
          The Sun will take the highest estimates out there and run with them. That's the kind of outfit they are.

Hearn is testing Wilder and his team.

They all know Povetkin is breathing down their necks, so if Wilder really does want AJ next, Shirley better make that counter offer fast, and he better make it a reasonable one, or the chance will be gone.

Comment

Yall keep wasting your time talking to these Joshua damage control freaks but the world is watching. They’ll get exposed. Wilder has Al Haymon and Espinosa. They’ll work out a deal or expose Joshua and Hearn. You’ll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Redgloveman View Post
              Predictions aren't facts - that doesn't mean you can just come up with any old BS.

AJ's last fight he was reported to take under $20m. There are fairly strict rules nowadays about disclosure of purses, so we can be quite sure that this is accurate and incorporates total earnings from the fight.

Wilder took just over $2m.

Now you expect the fight to generate enough revenue to pay the fighters $100m?

Yes, the fighters will stand to earn a lot more than before, but 5 times more?

Sorry dude, but that's crazy talk.
              The under $20M was the projection BEFORE the fight, but the post fight estimate was somewhere around $28M for Joshua.

Also, I'm referring to total revenue not purses. Please reread what I said.

Comment

DW bunch of greedy handlers

People who are making this fight difficult are Deontay’s greedy handlers.The other day DW stated stupidly that AJ is being milked by a selfish white man.But if we take a look at both of their careers one would see that the only person here who is being exploit is Deontay Wilders by his too many good for nothing managers.He's got more managers than title and many of them aren’t even committing any resources to advance his career.Take a look at his career since he won the WBC title over 5 years now I think and all they haven’t done a **** to advance his career.All they’ve done is having him fought in small arenas except his last fight against Ortiz.Now they are doing all they can to maximize profit if he’s going to fight AJ.I have no doubt DW is ready to take the fight and he will be looking at the money offered by AJ and his team and think this is times 10 of what I have ever got paid in my previous fights.But this Shelly Finkel and the rest of his handlers won’t take the fight until they are guaranteed to make more than enough from it.Shelly knows he’s not the only one to take a cut,there’s still about two or three more managers that will benefit and this is where the problems lies.And these wankers have never commit their resources to promote DW to the level you’d expect someone with a green belt to be.Im waiting to see if he will truly made an offer to AJ which i strongly doubt.Whatever the case maybe DW needs to ****ing do away with having three managers who aren’t advancing his career imo.Why would and what do you need a 3 managers for?

Comment

This is what negotiating is about it's rare that a team accepts the first offer especially when the fighters aren't managed the same company. I reserve my judgement until all this plays out or when someone says some bull!!! I believe in the end the fight will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                    When did predictions become "facts"? This fight very well could generate $100M if planned and promoted well. Too often folks take others words and convert it into "what they mean" instead of taking whats said at face value. You nor I truly know what was in Joshua's head when he said that.
                    Talking of what the fight could generate,i'm not sure. . I got carried away with the hype and said that this fight could generate $100m as suggested by some but went to bed and woke sober.

If Wilder had have promoted himself better as he should have with a 40-0 (39 ko's) record then it would no doubt do the figures we know A.J. can pull his weight but the truth is Wilder struggles to get noticed at his local supermarket.

If Tyson comes back with good wins and A.J. is unbeaten then that does those figures until then Wilder should see this as his golden opportunity but instead seems to be reading all the worthless hype for him on places like this and will probably carry on earning fractions of the amount offered and just keep shouting bomb-squad instead of answering ......why!

Comment

As a fan I just want the fight to happen. Me personally I'd accept any type of 8 figure payday I ain't picky 10 Mill, 12 Mill, 20 Mill they don't want me negotiating hell I'll probably accept $100k knowing the fight could bring in 80-100 million lol hahaha I'll get kicked out of the negotiating room

Comment

Working...
                      X