No announcement yet.

GGG And Abel abandoned the jab in rd 10-12 HUGE MISTAKE

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GGG And Abel abandoned the jab in rd 10-12 HUGE MISTAKE

They thought they were gonna get robbed and lose a ud and ggg looked like he wanted to ko canelo so he came out head first like he did against brook and canelo made it closer on the last 3 cards. If he stuck with the jab like the previous rounds he would have won the fight on the last judges scorecard.

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
    They thought they were gonna get robbed and lose a ud and ggg looked like he wanted to ko canelo so he came out head first like he did against brook and canelo made it closer on the last 3 cards. If he stuck with the jab like the previous rounds he would have won the fight on the last judges scorecard.
    This is the same thing I said. When Golovkin kept Canelo at the end of the jab, there wasn't much he could do.

When he decided to lean in and trade he gave the vastly inferior boxer the chance to land. The only time Canelo was able to land anything significant was when Golovkin allowed Canelo to stand in the middle.

Even then, Canelo only fought the 1st minute of the round before Golovkin decided to put him on the backfoot again and continue to outbox him.

Comment

Even if Golovkin dominated those rounds, it would be a draw anyway

Comment

He did the same thing vs jacobs in the 10th after looking to have gained control, dropping the 10th there, and did the same thing vs monroe in the 3rd (I think it was) also. It's his way of giving us a "drama show". It's ******ed, will shorten his career and likely cost him the fight with canelo.

Comment

The lack of jabs late+ the lack of body punching early were GGG's biggest tactical mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
            The lack of jabs late+ the lack of body punching early were GGG's biggest tactical mistakes.
            I noticed this too. Why didn't go to the body? I get the counters from canelo but he was getting countered regardless at times.

Comment

He threw just as many jabs in those rounds as most of the others. Canelo just stepped it up, rounds 10 & 12 were his highest output rounds in the whole fight. It was obvious to me he gave away some middle rounds to save something for the end of the fight.

mythbusted.

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
                I noticed this too. Why didn't go to the body?
                Cause in that case Canelo would get the opportunity to go to the body too. And they decided not to take the risk..

Comment

Working...
                X