No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Has No Issue Working Out New Deal With HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by batista84 View Post
    I'd like him to return to showtime, their stable of fighters is just so big that I think he could fight a ton of fighters plus showtime has always been to me a quality plattform.

Plus they support and like boxing. ESPN is huge but for whatever reason I don't like their platform and Atlas is annoying as hell if the dude he saw losing wins the fight then it's a robbery.

As far as I know every Hearn fighter (Jacobs, Andrade) would happily go to showtime to fight Canelo so my pick no. 1 is showtime.
    Truth, Showtime spent their years worth so they're gased out. Bigger money other places but they come with promoters. Canelo will go PPV with whomever he wants. Welcome to the side show.

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
      Truth, Showtime spent their years worth so they're gased out. Bigger money other places but they come with promoters. Canelo will go PPV with whomever he wants. Welcome to the side show.
      Do you even know what's going on in boxing? Showtime is dominating. Now you know.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        he should be sure to review all of the options. HBO is super top heavy right now. when they aren't putting on canelo - golovkin they are slacking for the rest of the year. they paid ward too much and he retired. manny pacquiao went to espn and is all done, they have very little going for them.

showtime has some real talent at 154 and 147 moving up. spence is not a small guy. in 2 years he can fight canelo for sure.

HBO didnt pay ward for either lovalev fight. roc nation and ppv did.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
          HBO didnt pay ward for either lovalev fight. roc nation and ppv did.

they paid him to tune up against sullivan barrera, and going all the way back to edwin rodriguez they paid him two million dollars! and they paid edwin a million! 3 million for that fight!

you might not understand the kind of investment that involves, what it looks like to take losses early on in business to make paydays later on, but believe me, that's what happened, and ward retired!

and you think hbo has nothing to do with PPV ? and that their investment of ward isn't dependent on a ppv payoff that they didn't get becuase ward - kovalev 1 and 2 didn't sell well?

hmmmmmmm?

Comment

Working...
          X