Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 05-18-2018, 02:08 PM #21
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1425 Post(s)
Sheldon312 has much to be proud ofSheldon312 has much to be proud ofSheldon312 has much to be proud ofSheldon312 has much to be proud ofSheldon312 has much to be proud ofSheldon312 has much to be proud ofSheldon312 has much to be proud ofSheldon312 has much to be proud of
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,634,657.12

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisJS View Post
Tito would either be the GOAT or a bum feasting on a weak division depending on whom you ask here.

I think today's batch is good. Thurman is a solid guy, Spence is a very good fighter (though not great) and Crawford is a great fighter (though we don't know how he'll be at the weight). Garcia, Porter are solid guys too.

I think Crawford would actually beat all but Tito from that 90's crew and the early 90's Whitaker. Spence I could see having moments with Quartey but spending most of the fight getting jabbed to death and he'd be easily outboxed by De La Hoya and Whitaker. His best shot would be Jose Luis Lopez that's probably 50/50. I don't think Thurman would have much of a chance with any of those guys. Same for Garcia.

That was a golden generation. Donald Curry at his best would be a firm favorite over all of today's guys too. You look at Curry in his prime and it's crazy how he never became a hall of fame lock or great fighter.
Crawford has not defeated anyone to think that he could beat Oscar, Mosley, Curry, Or Quartely.
Sheldon312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-18-2018, 02:18 PM #22
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1975 Post(s)
TheBigLug has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigLug has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigLug has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigLug has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigLug has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigLug has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigLug has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigLug has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigLug has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigLug has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigLug has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 150,000,000,010,100,995,522,560.00
No Message - anthonydavid11 Here is a tasty American Cheeseburger - JimRaynor 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxfan83 View Post
I forgot to mention those little details lol but yeah that adds to my point.
I'm not even sure if Brook was overrated. I think we'll never know.

He had one notable opponent before GGG which was Porter, which he won but that move up to fight GGG was bad in the long run. It essentially damaged any chance of doing anything significant again at WW because he was never going to get back down to that weight in a fit state. But i suppose you gotta take those paydays when you can get them.

I think he's a good fighter and not taking anything away from Spence's win, but i think Spence caught him at the best time possible. I think that fight would've been different if Brook hadn't dropped 2 divisions. I'd like to see Spence fight a top WW that is in condition to compete properly, although to be fair to him, nobody is really jumping at the chance to fight him.
TheBigLug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 02:37 PM #23
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 4460 Post(s)
Boxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,000,000,001,451,661,312.00
Cheers brother! - Redd Foxx No Message - DionysusX Good poster. Keep it up. - 1bad65 Cheers, bruh!! - Tony Trick-Pony Good threads lately. - GhostofDempsey 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigLug View Post
I'm not even sure if Brook was overrated. I think we'll never know.

He had one notable opponent before GGG which was Porter, which he won but that move up to fight GGG was bad in the long run. It essentially damaged any chance of doing anything significant again at WW because he was never going to get back down to that weight in a fit state. But i suppose you gotta take those paydays when you can get them.

I think he's a good fighter and not taking anything away from Spence's win, but i think Spence caught him at the best time possible. I think that fight would've been different if Brook hadn't dropped 2 divisions. I'd like to see Spence fight a top WW that is in condition to compete properly, although to be fair to him, nobody is really jumping at the chance to fight him.
I agree with you. A fighter moving up 1 division (much less 2) is never the same moving down and he did take a helluva beating vs GGG. He did hold his own in spots but honestly Ive been in and around boxing gyms to know you put a good WW in with a good MW into spar, well its only a matter of time usually 3rds. The welter will always have the sneakiness/speed but again its just a matter of time.

As for the Porter win, it was a good win (don't get me wrong) but I think a lot of times as boxing fans we are quick to forget how close fights were. That decision was razor thin. And lets not make Porter out to be some beast either, it was just 2 fights prior he fought to a wel deserved draw against an old mediocre LW. Porter is a tuff as nails/gritty guy but hed be a mere gatekeeper maybe even a journeyman in a different era. And I am not 1 of these guys to brag about days of times past.

Good post though man, I don't disagree with you at all. Just a lil different perspective. & yes Id like to see Spence fight some1 willing and prime. I salivate at the thought of Spence vs Crawford and the sooner the better.
Boxfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:02 PM #24
~HATERS GONNA HATE!~

Quoted: 10129 Post(s)
.!WAR MIKEY! has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR MIKEY! has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR MIKEY! has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR MIKEY! has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR MIKEY! has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR MIKEY! has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR MIKEY! has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR MIKEY! has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR MIKEY! has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR MIKEY! has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR MIKEY! has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 36,435,757,339,984,424,599,552.00
Total Points: 36,484,393,085,423,082,012,672.00
No Message - -jose- Happy Holidays bro - KOVALBOXER Boss Hogg Cartel - LoadedWraps bad ass sig and avi..... - Santa_ For Kovalev &amp; Rocky 4 - BKM- 
WAR KILLER KOV!! - Dean_Razorback lol good one! :beerchug: - -jose- uno cerveza - Omowale Tribe Hahaha, good stuff. - Santa_ welcome back vato loco - Tago Nang Tago 
:beerchug: - -jose- No Message - -jose- :beerchug: - -jose- Love your hilarious posts. Keep it up. - 1bad65 CHEERS! - anthonydavid11 
Thanks for upload - - Ram Raid - 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derranged View Post
Sometimes I think your cowboy hat is too tight and cuts off the blood flow to your brain.
Why OP mentioned Vernon Forest who lost to Sergio Mora.
.!WAR MIKEY! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:21 PM #25
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 984 Post(s)
285Kid has a reputation beyond repute285Kid has a reputation beyond repute285Kid has a reputation beyond repute285Kid has a reputation beyond repute285Kid has a reputation beyond repute285Kid has a reputation beyond repute285Kid has a reputation beyond repute285Kid has a reputation beyond repute285Kid has a reputation beyond repute285Kid has a reputation beyond repute285Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,050,102,231,878.93

They should be fighting eachother
285Kid is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
curry, division, donald, shop, tito, today, weak, welterweights, wrecking

User Tag List