Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 05-26-2019, 07:42 AM #51
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 739 Post(s)
Fanofreason is infamous around these partsFanofreason is infamous around these partsFanofreason is infamous around these partsFanofreason is infamous around these partsFanofreason is infamous around these partsFanofreason is infamous around these partsFanofreason is infamous around these partsFanofreason is infamous around these partsFanofreason is infamous around these partsFanofreason is infamous around these partsFanofreason is infamous around these parts
Bank: 1,970.25
Total Points: 36,580.22

Wilder has fought all the top HWs.

AJ has never gotten a deal done to fight Ortiz Fury or Wilder.

I actually rank AJ 3rd. Behind Fury and Wilder.
Fanofreason is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 09:52 AM #52
Interim Champion

Quoted: 465 Post(s)
davefromvancouv is a splendid one to beholddavefromvancouv is a splendid one to beholddavefromvancouv is a splendid one to beholddavefromvancouv is a splendid one to beholddavefromvancouv is a splendid one to beholddavefromvancouv is a splendid one to beholddavefromvancouv is a splendid one to behold
Bank: 4,599.93
Total Points: 32,944.54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toffee View Post
Hang on. My argument was that the lineal title is a historical title that is typically muddy and gets resolved in hindsight.

Your argument was that strict rules (your version of them, which you still can't quite acknowledge are just yours) apply and the lineage is always clear.

You demonstrated this with Wlad beating Chagaev for the lineal title. Until I pointed out he was number 3 and didn't meet your strict rules.

So you went with Povetkin. But I pointed out he didn't meet your strict rules either. So you got to Pulev. I'll give you that one. Under your rules he won it against Pulev. In a fight that literally no-one billed as being for the lineal title.

But I wasn't debating Wlad's status. Nor Fury's. I was saying that the criteria aren't clear, aren't universal, and typically don't work for current fighters. Hindsight resolves it - just like it did for your opinion of Wlad's status.

Fury's claim right now will be sorted by the history books. Just like they all have been.
It's pretty clear right now. No revisionist history needed.

Lennox Lewis was the last undisputed lineal champion. He retired for good and was inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame in 2009.

Wladimir Klitschko beat Chagaev for the RING belt, then beat Povetkin a year after Vitali's last fight and Pulev a year after Vitali officially retired. So that covered all the bases. He established himself as the legitimate lineal champion from a political point of view and a boxing purists' point of view.

Fury beat Wladimir Klitschko, so he is the current, reigning and defending lineal champion. No rules, no debates, no opinions and no hindsight needed. Just a little bit of serenity to accept the things you cannot change.

Last edited by davefromvancouv; 05-26-2019 at 06:20 PM.
davefromvancouv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 10:03 AM #53
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 7586 Post(s)
Curt Henning has a reputation beyond reputeCurt Henning has a reputation beyond reputeCurt Henning has a reputation beyond reputeCurt Henning has a reputation beyond reputeCurt Henning has a reputation beyond reputeCurt Henning has a reputation beyond reputeCurt Henning has a reputation beyond reputeCurt Henning has a reputation beyond reputeCurt Henning has a reputation beyond reputeCurt Henning has a reputation beyond reputeCurt Henning has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,293.74
Total Points: 163,529.82
your worst nightmare. Loma's D up your ass - Ogecca MaMa Great posts like this deserve a medal of honor - kushking 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanofreason View Post
Wilder has fought all the top HWs.

AJ has never gotten a deal done to fight Ortiz Fury or Wilder.

I actually rank AJ 3rd. Behind Fury and Wilder.
yup wilder has fought 2 of the top 5 HWs with himself being one of them....hes put them down a total of 5x in 2 fights
Curt Henning is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 11:42 AM #54
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3552 Post(s)
Boksfan has a reputation beyond reputeBoksfan has a reputation beyond reputeBoksfan has a reputation beyond reputeBoksfan has a reputation beyond reputeBoksfan has a reputation beyond reputeBoksfan has a reputation beyond reputeBoksfan has a reputation beyond reputeBoksfan has a reputation beyond reputeBoksfan has a reputation beyond reputeBoksfan has a reputation beyond reputeBoksfan has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,362.37
Total Points: 66,176.16
lol - denium lol - denium Imagine it's your dad - denium lol - denium lol - denium 
Dildo Queen - denium F4gg0t - Paddy Mashdown F4gg0t - Paddy Mashdown F4gg0t - Paddy Mashdown Your mum is a fat slag. - Paddy Mashdown 
So you can pretend it's Anthony Joshua's bell end. - ShoulderRoll Here's another for your collection ;) - Boxing Goat This is the medal for the biggest idiot on Boxingscene - Boxing Goat Have a brew, sir. Good post! - Tony Trick-Pony You are homo 4 Hearn - !a! 
You are homo 4 Hearn - !a! You are homo 4 Hearn - !a! You are homo 4 Hearn - !a! for your collection - Sn1 For the collection - SuperHanz 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - __________ Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - __________ Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - __________ Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - __________ Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - __________ 

I respect the knockout but Breazeale is second best win in Wilder career so his record is still crap.
Boksfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
higher, now?, people, rating, wilder