No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Donald Trump thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lords View Post
    It's up 0.4% in nominal terms, and down over 3.5% in real terms.

please read thoroughly next time before you get excited.

Don't act like a child here when the ball moves away from your end of the court.

I've already shown that revenue is not up, it's a fact. This is one of the lowest growth rates in the passed 50 years, fact.

You're already covered to the neck in quicksand, don't completely drown yourself due to internet pride. I suggest moving on and maybe switching topics.

Or if you're brave enough, talk policy.
    Ouch.

Continued ducking, outright denial of sourced numbers, and further childish insults on your end.

Uncalled for, and as I am a man of my word, you must spend some time in Time Out.

I'll let you out when I choose to. When I do, you're on probation. One more instance of you gumming up my Notifications with nonsense or further childish insults will result in you being placed permanently on Ignore.

I was very patient with you, but I can't allow you to repeatedly dodge questions, annoy me, and then insult me.

I don't know if this is sheer ignorance, or big time superfan cheerleading on your end, but it stops or you lose the ability to engage in discourse with me.

Plenty others here to converse with for me. Be sure to keep that in mind when you get your second chance.

Don't be like SunSpace and act a fool trying to sound like you don't care, get yourself placed on Ignore, and then quickly decide you do want to converse with me and you have to send me PMs and Visitor Messages begging me to pay you attention again. I don't relent once one is on permanent ignore status.

Oh, and when I do release you from Time Out, I do reserve the right to ask the question that got us here again.

Comment

• Fyi, when you have record tax revenue, that means it's higher than its EVER been.

That means tax revenue went UP.

A simple lesson in basic Math, for those like Lords who seem to need it.

Try and keep up guys.

Here is the relevant part of my source, showing tax revenue is not only up after the tax cuts, but is at record levels:

The federal government collected record total tax revenues of $252,692,000,000 in October, the first month of fiscal 2019, according to the Monthly Treasury Statement released Tuesday.

Despite the record tax collections, the government still ran a deficit of $100,491,000,000 for the month—because it spent $353,183,000,000.

This October’s record $252,692,000,000 in total tax collections was $11,414,590,000 more than the $241,277,410,000 (in constant October 2018 dollars) that the federal government collected in October 2017, which was the previous record for federal tax collections in October.

Although the total federal taxes collected this October set a record, the individual income taxes that the federal government collected in October did not set a record. This October, the Treasury collected $128,866,000,000 in individual income taxes. In October 2017, the Treasury collected $131,056,520,000 (in constant October 2018 dollars).

Corporation income tax receipts, however, were significantly higher this October than they were in October 2017. This year, the Treasury collected $8,000,000,000 in corporation income taxes in October. Last year, it collected $3,823,060,000 (in constant October 2018 dollars).

The $8 billion in corporation income tax revenues the Treasury collected this October is the largest amount since October 2015, when the Treasury collected $10,893,630,000 (in constant October 2018 dollars) in corporation income taxes.

Excise taxes and customs duties also increased. In October 2017, the Treasury collected $7,651,250,000 (in constant October 2018 dollars) in excise taxes. This October it collected $14,715,000,000.

In October 2017, the Treasury collected $3,320,700,000 (in constant October 2018 dollars) in customs duties. This October, it collected $5,551,000,000.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...n-100b-deficit

Corporations got huge tax cuts, yet the revenue derived from corporate taxes shot way up. Hmmm...….
      Last edited by 1bad65; 11-19-2018, 08:38 PM.

Comment

• If anyone else who is against the Trump tax cuts wants to take a stab at my question, it's still on the table.

It's been answered before, though obviously Lords missed it.

Can anyone explain how tax revenue went up after the Trump tax cuts were passed?

Let's see if someone besides me can teach this guy. He's been a slow student so far, much more interested in playing stupid Gotcha! games than actually gleaning knowledge by paying attention. Maybe someone with a different teaching style can reach him.

Comment

• Nice guys

Comment

• Originally posted by BERNIE'S CORNER View Post
            No backtracking trying to save face punk.

Face it you’re ignorant.

So K...I don’t care where you’re from.

Makes me no difference.

Ignorance will always follow you.

Fool some of the people some of the time.

You know the rest...

The best joke of the month so far. Bernie's corner calling somebody ignorant.

Comment

• Lol guess Trump was right. Jerry brown signs new forest thining bill
              https://theconservativetreehouse.com...omment-page-1/

Comment

• 1bad65 continues to make false statements then ducks when he's wrong, typical.
                And since I'm right and he's wrong I'm supposedly playing gotcha

Comparing FY 2017 to 2018 revenues are up only 0.4% in nominal terms. Revenue should be up much more based on GDP growth, cost of living, work growth.
                Revenue is down when factoring these additions into the equation

1bad65 being an economics guru like he portrays should know this but apparently he's playing stupid like usual.

Lets continue

This is one of the lowest revenue growth rates in the passed 50 years. Ouch
                Focusing specifically on revenues raised under the new tax code, revenue has declined by between 3.5 and 8 percent. Double ouch
                http://www.crfb.org/blogs/tax-bill-d...e-revenue-rise

Lets reanalyze further because I think this point went unnoticed..
                Trumps tax cut year was +$14 billion (0.4%, or negative revenue) in revenue

Obama's first 5 years of revenue:
                2010: +$58 billion
                2011: +$141 billion
                2012: +$147 billion
                2013: +$325 billion
                2014: +$246 billion
                https://www.thebalance.com/current-u...evenue-3305762

These are the facts. No matter what ever way you try to spin it, these are the facts.

This is what happens when you present a source that gives only 25% of the story.
                I actually feel embarrassed for him
                Last edited by Lords; 11-20-2018, 01:57 AM.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Lords View Post
                      Comparing FY 2017 to 2018 revenues are up only 0.4% in nominal terms. Revenue should be up much more based on GDP growth, cost of living, work growth.
                      Revenue is down when factoring these additions into the equation
                      He's so proud that nominal revenue is up, even when real revenue is down

EDIT: Not to mention that the deficit expanded by much more than the nominal revenue increase

What can you do. Superfan gonna superfan.
                      Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 11-19-2018, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X