No announcement yet.

Why it's NOT bad for boxing if McGregor wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
    Though i get what you're trying to get acrossed, it's really just not the same. Floyd's rep in boxing is still too big, and 2 years ain't a very long time.
    Its not the same, but its not THAT different either. I know this MMA guy gots a lot of boxing fans shook, but its still just a guy beating another guy at the end of the day in a long line of guys beating other guys

And idk why people keep acting like 2 years out of the game is nothing at 40. Most great fighters were DONE by 33, 34, 35. Floyd is 33 + 7 years & 2 of those years he's been out of the ring. Now granted Floyd looked pretty f#cking solid last time out at 38, but anyone watching him over the years can see the decline in his skills & capabilities in the ring & I can't believe 2 years out of the ring helped matters. I mean dude was a killer early on with a nice KO % & ended his career going 15-0 (3KO's) iirc & one of those KO's was that sketchy Ortiz protect yourselves at all times KO.

Is Floyd in 2 weeks the same Floyd from 2 years ago? I honestly got no clue. I hope so, but I don't think its a definite thing so if its not a definite thing he couldn't f#cking catch a L.

He can fight GGG-canelo winner and it'd still be the biggest fight that could be made, he can fight spence and still get more than a mil. Those fights would still be intriguing, and those are even against top boxers, not a 0-0 fighter. The buzz for this fight is big and 90% of it are from casuals. And for them its mma vs boxing.
    Well I think this fight got made cuz its a insane payday circus fight. I don't think he makes this much money fighting anyone who's in boxing already. And anyone in boxing would be a tougher fight. So its a risk vs reward thing & there isn't likely to be a Canelo II, GGG, Spence, Thurman, Horn or Pacquiao II in the future nor was that likely to be a fight he was shopping for previous to coming to terms with Conor cuz it'd be a 3rd of the payday with 5x the risk probably.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Agree to disagree.

Experience is experience to me not just amateur or pro fights. I mean thats how experience works its doing the thing its not doing the thing via just this small window of approved ways to do the thing.
      That's fair enough.

I'm just saying you can spar all you want it's nothing like actually fighting.

There's a reason some fighters are called "gym fighters", because they perform great in the gym and can't translate it to the actual fights. And these are people who have actually had fights too let alone someone who hasn't even had one.

Comment

• I have said this many times before? Win or lose, this is not going to be Conor Mcgregor's last boxing match! There is nothing left for him in the UFC, I believe he will face the winner of Golovkin vs Alavez.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          That's fair enough.

I'm just saying you can spar all you want it's nothing like actually fighting.

There's a reason some fighters are called "gym fighters", because they perform great in the gym and can't translate it to the actual fights. And these are people who have actually had fights too let alone someone who hasn't even had one.
          And I was saying there's levels to experience so again I got no clue wtf you are going on about experience counting if it's under this umbrella, but not counting as experience if it's a similar but different level of experience under this other umbrella.

If you're a licensed plumber or are just an apprentice you got experience with the toliet bowl, but obviously your not a licensed plumber at the same time.

Kinda lost as to wtf you are even disagreeing with unless you just feel like a bigger man than me cuz you got amateur or pro experience or some weird ego issue like that.

Comment

And I was saying there's levels to experience so again I got no clue wtf you are going on about experience counting if it's under this umbrella, but not counting as experience if it's a similar but different level of experience under this other umbrella.

If you're a licensed plumber or are just an apprentice you got experience with the toliet bowl, but obviously your not a licensed plumber at the same time.

Kinda lost as to wtf you are even disagreeing with unless you just feel like a bigger man than me cuz you got amateur or pro experience or some weird ego issue like that.
            I have just agreed to disagree with you man

Just shut the **** up and don't reply I can't be bothered to argue with you about this.

You think sparring accounts to Boxing experience I don't simple as that.
            Last edited by IronDanHamza; 08-14-2017, 08:43 PM.

Comment

You are so f#cking stupid I'm amazed at how stupid you can be. Its like your super power. Full ****** Man.

What I'm trying to illustrate to your dense ass is that 40 year olds who've been out of the ring for 2 years, even if they are the betting favorite, don't always show up being the same guy they used to be.

Hell Manny looked pretty nice vs Bradley that last time I thought & recently he looked like garbage (despite still deserving the decision in my book) vs a worse fighter, Horn, & I believe all that happened inside of a 2 year window.

If Floyd don't show up to the fight he could very well lose. Nothing at all shocking about that..,again even if Floyd is the betting favorite. This ain't as complicated a concept as you are making it out to be.
              STOP with the trolling! 3 people on here have ethered your a$$!!! You IDIOT - Floyd doesnt have to be the same guy he used to to beat MC!!!! That is WHY THIS IS CALLED A CIRCUS ACT, DUH!! This is a guy with ZERO Pro or AM fights going against an ATG who is 49-0!!!! I dont give a SHT what you think will show up in the ring, this is about FACTS!!!! Get out of here you fuking troll! 3 people called you on your crap! I'm not wasting any more time with someone who flaunts their trolling and stupidity like it is a badge of honor. You a$$ was cooked by 3 of us and now I am ignoring your obvious trolling or bad drug trip!
              Last edited by richardt; 08-14-2017, 08:34 PM.

Comment

I have just agreed to disagree with you man

Just shut the **** up and don't reply I can't be bothered to argue with you about this you think sparring accounts to Boxing experience I don't simple as that.
                Panda is as clueless as a dead horse. I'm going to enjoy not ever reading another pea-brained comment from him.....I blocked that pinhead.

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
                  STOP with the trolling! 3 people on here have ethered your a$$!!! You IDIOT - Floyd doesnt have to be the same guy he used to to beat MC!!!! That is WHY THIS IS CALLED A CIRCUS ACT, DUH!! This is a guy with ZERO Pro or AM fights going against an ATG who is 49-0!!!! I dont give a SHT what you think will show up in the ring, this is about FACTS!!!! Get out of here you fuking troll! 3 people called you on your crap! I'm not wasting any more time with someone who flaunts their trolling and stupidity like it is a badge of honor. You a$$ was cooked by 3 of us and now I am ignoring your obvious trolling or bad drug trip!
                  To say Floyd losing to McGregor won't be that shocking is insane.

Comment

To say Floyd losing to McGregor won't be that shocking is insane.
                    And for panda to say that Floyd losing to MC would be good for boxing is pure insanity. Its the worse thing that could happen to boxing because every media source and the UFC would force it down boxing's throat as long as the sport exists.
                    Last edited by richardt; 08-14-2017, 08:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
                      If you ethered anyone its your damn self cuz you seem like you're pushed to the point of tears every post you make. Its getting horrific to see you struggling so much with this. Wow. Get help man. I didn't know a couple guys fighting on PPV could be so stressful an event for someone not involved with it personally.

Comment

Working...
                      X