Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sanchez: Golovkin Has 2-3 Years Left, I'd Like 5 or 6 Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boxing1012 View Post
    Dude...come on... I know deep down you're smarter than that. There are many ways to turn down a fight, and sending an offer immediately after a guy signs a fight is one way, especially when everyone knew Cotto or Canelo was next after Lemieux (GGG ended up getting step-aside money).

This is on top the fact that Ward initially wanted 3 fights to get ready for GGG. And on top of the fact that Ward was the clear B side in 2015 but was acting like the A side? Come on. Ward was clearly using GGG's name here to try and raise his own profile, the same thing dozens of fighters have been doing to GGG for the past few years.
    It was one fight, which allowed GGG to fight Lemieux, and then Ward was next! Loeffler said NO! It's history!

Comment

Lol you and your fragility!! GGG is an ATG clown. Not some protected fraud like Ward. If Ward was from Bulgaria and full white, no one would know who the hell he was. He would have 5 losses and 5 DQs on his resume. GGG was some random dude from BFE that won support and acclaim because of his great amateur skills and ability to KO people and clearly win fights.

Anyone who can look at GGG's total resume and not say he is an ATG has an IQ below 80 and should not be taken seriously. I know you need your great black hopes to make you feel better!! But unfortunately for you Ward is the fraud in this world and GGG is the real deal. There are great black fighters though man, you don't have to feel too bad. Just Ward wasn't really one of them. But whatever your dumbass has to tell yourself to sleep at night.
      Donald Trump, is that you?

Comment

• Originally posted by whoseyourdaddy View Post
        How so? Canelo started at 140 ***ing pounds and fighting at 168 is a big accomplishment, weather it is Fielding or other guy at 168, GGG fought at 160 even in the amateurs that says all.
        First, get out of your bag of emotions. This isn't pms central so calm the hell down. Second, he's fighting literally the worst champion at 168, it's the equivalent of Broner fighting Malignaggi for the WBA belt, literally the only way he loses that fight is if he knocks himself the hell out and again say i'm wrong. Why? Because the guy is taller? Have you seen his opponent fight? I would've bashed the fk out of Golovkin moving up to fight this guy..Literally bashed him as a fan of his but ya'll will crow like this is some tall order fight, LOL. Third, we weren't in here talking about Canelo, so take the pom pom's elsewhere. We are talking about Ward and Golovkin never fighting because Ward was never going to make the weight. The least you can do is try to stick to the topic.

Comment

• Originally posted by turnedup View Post
          Seriously people are never going to STFU about that fight. Regardless of how unrealistic it was to coming to fruition. Ward by his own admission struggled to make 172 for smith. Also comparing Canelo moving up to fight Fielding (LMFAO) to Golovkin fighting Ward is hilarious..seriously hilarious.
          Just like the media & the ******s that say Triple L is elite will never stfu about THAT dumb shet. Triple L has BEEN exposed! LMMFAO!

Comment

• Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
            You mean back December 2015 when he was Canelo's mandatory. Yea sure, who wouldn't turn down chance a 6 figure payday against Canelo to move up a division and fight for peanuts against a guy who headlined a card on BET.

*****ing haters. Hating on someone for doing something anyone else would do if they had the choice. You better believe if Canelo offered Ward a 164 pound catchweight fight Ward would have taken that in half a second. He would have castrated himself in order to make sure he hits the weight. *****ing Andre Ward said he would come down to 160 to fight Floyd. So GTFO here with your nonsense. Ward thought he'd make enough money fighting Floyd to risk the huge weight cut. He didn't think he'd make enough money fighting GGG to risk the weight cut. GGG knew he'd make enough money from Chavez Jr or Froch to justify being at a weight disadvantage. GGG knew Ward wouldn't earn him anywhere near as much so he asked Ward to meet him in the middle. Everyone knows you bow to the A-side when you want that payday. Simple as that.
            Nelo wasn't even at that weight for him to be a mandatory....LMMFAO! Triple L DUCKED the OFFICAL OFFER that was sent his way by S.O.G. Stop trying to baby Triple L, he has been exposed in 2015.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
              Yeah, yeah, yeah .. Canelo beat GGG to within an inch of his life .. in a fight that most impartial observers thought Golovkin won, just like the first time.

This is why US boxing has become more corrupt than anywhere else on earth .. because promoters know a large percentage of US fans will accept and even celebrate a corrupt decision .. as long as the A side gets the W.
              WTF are YOU talking about?!?!? us boxing GAVE Triple L the fight with Jacobs AND with the 1st Nelo fight! You can't steal them all.

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                Nelo wasn't even at that weight for him to be a mandatory....LMMFAO!
                Nelo had a middleweight belt stupid. Don't want to fight middleweights then don't win a middleweight belt.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                  I had Golovkin by 4 in the first and winning a close rematch. By the way what Golovkin did in the rematch was not running he boxed Canelo and used his jab to outscore him. Jabs are scoring blows especially since a high percentage of his jabs snapped Canelo's head back.
                  Stop pretending. Your all grown up now, or are you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Songbird View Post
                    Exactly

I dont see how these people try to tell us over and over that canelo won the first golovkin fight or deserved a draw and was doing so great when he wasnt, it was close ish but that was a gift. Another horrible scorecard in that one too. Rewatched it recently and no way canelo deserved anything from that fight.

Now the jacobs golovkin fight was really close and thats clear, and maybe the KD was the difference in that one it was so tight.

As for the second nelo fight, yeah i could see canelo getting the win in that one even tho i scored it a draw. Canelo was great that night but so was golovkin, it was a great fight by both of them really.
                    Cut the chirp. Jacobs beat Triple L then Nelo beat Triple L TWICE.

Comment

If you check my previous few posts in this thread, many of which were responding to you, it should address more or less address that.

To summarize:

1) Fought all of his fights as the home fighter, and almost every fight in his literal backyard in Oakland CA. When you are a fighter who grinds out unimpressive 12 round decisions, getting outworked by over 100 punches in almost every fight, and specialize in dirty boxing (not in a negative way, that is just how Ward fought, for better or worse), fighting as the home fighter has clear advantages.

In his fights with Kessler, Froch and both Kov fights, if those fights had been in neutral sites he almost certainly loses the first Kov fight, 50/50 he loses the Froch fight, and is probably DQd in either the 2nd Kov or Kessler fight. If those fights are in the opponent fighter's home arena, as they were for Ward, he has two losses and two DQs.

2) Have you watched the Bika and Barrera fights? What was your opinion of them? I have watched almost 100 rounds of Ward against good competition, and I don't know if I can find five clear rounds that he has won. When he is in against a good opponent, he very rarely excels, even for a round or two. I am not Floyd's biggest fan, but I certainly concede he had clear wins over good fighters, and had very clear round by round wins.

3) What analysis of GGG have you done friend? Please tell.

4) If Ward took on all challengers (quick - can you name who he dropped a belt rather than face??), fought almost all his opponents in a neutral site or in their country/city, knocked all of them out and hardly lost a round, clearly beat a few great fighters and about 10-15 good to really good fighters, combined with a stellar amateur career, well then I would say he was great bro!!! Wouldn't you agree??? Wait that is GGG's career.
                      Yeah your right ggg did drop his IBF belt. He took a guy out of 2 year retirement who was 3-3 his last 6 fights and up a weight class.

Comment

Working...
                      X