Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilder is for real, I admit... but...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's no real way. Ortiz actually pushed Wilder back seconds before he got KO'd. Engaging him will only make you more susceptible to being caught. You basically have to throw caution to the wind and hope you catch him before he catches you. And even then he's got pretty good recovery and can KO you out if you don't finish the job.

Comment

• Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
      Molina is just a showcase fight. Hrgovic will be as nightmare for anyone under 6'4 . Kownacki is tough but the Arreola fight told me all I need to know with the Martin fight . Hrgovic ring IQ is miles over them and he has crazy ability to disguise punches and can switch up how hard he hits you. I'm seeing Viali klitschko all over again but a healthier /younger one .
      You are obviously very high on this guy. Time will tell!

Comment

• Originally posted by Brettcappe View Post
        Another Whyte fan? Wilder crushes him easily. With or without the steroids. Usually when you take steroids your head gets bigger. Doesn't seem to be working for Whyte.
        I think Wilder beats Whyte in an exciting fight..... Whyte will try to take Wilders head off (unlike old Ortiz) and it will be a brilliant fan-friendly fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by otrocubiche View Post
          nine (9) uppercuts, big brain. Who would like to get hit by that?
          There was no inside-fighting in this fight.

Uppercuts can be thrown from the outside as the opponent is coming in distance.

Did you really think that would school me? finding compubox stats and the amount of uppercuts Wilder threw? hahahahahaha

YDKSAB

Comment

• Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
            Fox/WBC doesn't recognize the WBO it said they aren't a major or legit sanctioning body because they have no interest going after Usyk. The two collaborate to do business so they have an agenda .

What I said has everything to do with you in general because you are lying on the forum and those who know me by now ,know I point them out and trust me if you have any more other then no wilder opponent didn't fight for a spot i'll be here . Ha
            Provide evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
              It's much easier said than done.

Boxers are human beings too and when they feel that explosive power on their gloves there is a tendency to not want to run towards that too regularly.

You don't wanna get timed by a guy that hits like that, and crowding him or pressing him makes that much more likely.
              I understand what you are saying...... but what separates the good from the great?

During the battle of Britain, when fighter pilots would go on missions against the Luftwaffe..... the Ace pilots (5 confirmed downs of enemy aircraft) were lauded. Most pilots did not have any confirmed downs....... what separated them was their ability to fly very close to the enemy aircraft before unloading their guns. Most of them were Polish or Czeck.... had seen their country destroyed and family's killed by the Nazis, they did not give a shiat and were putting themselves in danger to win.

There is a mentality needed to win in a fight...... Ortiz sure as hell did not have any motivation to win.

Comment

• Originally posted by BackToTheJab View Post
                There's no real way. Ortiz actually pushed Wilder back seconds before he got KO'd. Engaging him will only make you more susceptible to being caught. You basically have to throw caution to the wind and hope you catch him before he catches you. And even then he's got pretty good recovery and can KO you out if you don't finish the job.
                Pushed him back? they exchanged punches and then Ortiz smiled at him and then stayed in distance and got nailed.

I don't think you understand pressure fighting or staying inside.... or even what I am saying.

If Ortiz had swung at Wilder and then used his footwork to keep close to him, on his chest, he wouldn't have been KO'd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vinnykin;
                  If Ortiz had swung at Wilder and then used his footwork to keep close to him, on his chest, he wouldn't have been KO'd.
                  - -if U swung from trees, that's where U be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
                    I have always been critical of Wilder's boxing ability, even harsh and disparaging towards him, caught up in my own bias...... I now see the method to his boxing and how ingeniously he has been managed.

Wilder is good and manages to get KO's and wins against either over-matched, or slow, straight-up fighters who try to box him from the outside.

I am a Fury fan and spent the whole fight against Wilder screaming at him to go inside on this guy, pressure him, lean on him etc He did outbox him but got caught twice and gave Wilder the draw in his backyard, which was always going to happen. OK, it wasn't the best Fury and took him 4 rounds to shake the rust off, but Wilder got his two KD's which is fair.

Why do people who fight Wilder stay in the danger zone and never make sudden and explosive moves on him? pressure him inside? Fury didn't do it because he was not 100% and tried to beat him at his own game, got caught twice and gave Wilder the draw..... Ortiz, Spzilka .... they all end up the same - crumpled on the floor!

I might be laughed at in the comments to this particular comment, but I have never seen any one put it on Wilder and pressure him, take away his range and punch and drag him into a dogfight...... Chisora or Wallin or Povetkin style.... someone who comes forward and just tries to land bombs........

I need to see Wilder in against an opponent who will pressure him, stay on his chest and take away his distance.... put it on him, is fast, explosive..... it is the only way to beat him other than Fury outboxing him and dodging his punch for 12 rounds (which no one would put money on including myself).

Ortiz was absolute Dogshiat in there... do not be fooled by the scorecards which makes him out to have done well.... Wallin did better in losing rounds than Ortiz did winning them..... slow as treacle, both hands and feet.... no pressure at all..... just pitty-pat boxing and let Wilder box comfortable for 6 rounds until Wilder landed a nuke on his dome lol

Fury’s strength are his reflexes speed movement size and boxing abilities.. i think he did amazing against wilder considering first the long layoff from obesity and coke... and secondly of how much he made him missed. He was also toying with him and got ****y, hence he was KD twice.
                    It wasn’t because of wilder’s skill, it was more of fury’s recklessness and ****iness and complacency that he got caught. He was bobbing and weaving just greatly. Then he lowers his hands and makes funny faces to wilder.. that was playing with fire right there.

I think that strategy worked well for him..
                    He can fight wilder on the inside but he’ll only make himself more available to wilder’s power. At distance he can telegraph wilder’s punches...
                    it’ll take only a good uppercut, or a stepback right for wilder to hurt fury on the inside.
                    Fury can land punches on the inside.. but his punches are no bombs.

This strategy you mentioned might have worked well for ortiz as he is a great puncher himself.
                    He’d be fighting him like baby bull fought marquez or the way porter fought spence.. or maidana fought floyd the first time.
                    And yup i think he would’ve cracked slow starter wilder in there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
                      There was no inside-fighting in this fight.

Uppercuts can be thrown from the outside as the opponent is coming in distance.

Did you really think that would school me? finding compubox stats and the amount of uppercuts Wilder threw? hahahahahaha

YDKSAB
                      Who mentioned compubox? There are nine (9) uppercuts in that clip, by the way, in the first fight Ortiz was ko'd with an uppercut in the inside.

Comment

Working...
                      X