Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

250lb Marciano, Most Powerful of All Time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger
    And wasn't Ali hated during that time as well?
    eh I think he was more hated later on....

Comment

The physically strongest fighter of all time is George Foreman. The guy was blowing people out with arm punches and lifting cows over his ****ing head.

Comment

eh I think he was more hated later on....
        I thought he was liked more later on. Wasn't it filmed shortly after he refused the draft?

Comment

it was filmed in I believe 69' (because Marciano died that year) and it wasn't aired until I believe 70' but see I think he was hated more later on in like 71' until like 84'....

Comment

it was filmed in I believe 69' (because Marciano died that year) and it wasn't aired until I believe 70' but see I think he was hated more later on in like 71' until like 84'....
            No Ali became much more popular during the early 70's. When he made his comeback in 1970 he was known as the "Peoples Champion". There was a huge anti war protest that sprung up and Ali became very popular because of his stance on the war.
            The late 60's were the worst years for Ali.

Comment

No no, Ali was hated already. It was filmed during his exile, and by the time he came back to the ring the Vietnam War was extremely unpopular and disliked. Rocky, you should read "The Greatest" because there is a nice section that talks about how Ali got along with Marciano, and Marciano said when the film goes out in the theater, he's gonna tell everyone it's all bull**** since the producers made it sound like it's a real fight. Marciano did literally said it's bull****. Unfortunately, Marciano never got the chance to tell the public.

Edit: this post is in reply to Rocky's post, not Southpaw's. You were a few minutes ahead of me, Southpaw.

Comment

Edit: this post is in reply to Rocky's post, not Southpaw's. You were a few minutes ahead of me, Southpaw.
                I'm so fast!

Comment

I'm aware that Rocky and Ali got along...Ali always called Rocky champ and Rocky never disrespected Ali...though I've never heard of Rocky saying its all bull****...

Comment

made by a computer...in "reality" Ali would Knock him out or decision him

Comment

made by a computer...in "reality" Ali would Knock him out or decision him
                      Definatly.

And Ali wasn't fighting like Ali in that, if you get what I'm saying.

Comment

Working...
                      X