No announcement yet.

(Prime) Winky Wright vs. Canelo Alvarez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Time View Post
    Actually now that you mention Mayweather and Winky.

I remember back then when Winky Wright was calling out Mayweather for the fight at 154. But Mayweather didn't want it, Mayweather didn't want the fight.

Thanks for refreshing my memory on that.
    it was actually floyd who called out winky. winky was like alright lets fight. floyds like yeah lets do it! promoters agreed to terms and then...........floyd wants more money oh what a shocker. floyd shrinking away from a prime fighter and the fight is dead

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
      Your still butthurt over the Manny loss huh? Or maybe it was another one of your hero's Floyd BEAT! Lololololol
      it was baldomir. baldomir was my hero

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        it was baldomir. baldomir was my hero
        I can believe that, especially considering he's a child molester.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
          There's some talk of that fight here in this thread mate :ANYWORD:

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...=721935&page=2

I took a look at the thread, great discussions in that thread.
          Last edited by The Time; 05-17-2017, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            it was actually floyd who called out winky. winky was like alright lets fight. floyds like yeah lets do it! promoters agreed to terms and then...........floyd wants more money oh what a shocker. floyd shrinking away from a prime fighter and the fight is dead

I don't fully remember the whole details but you're probably right on that. I think I remember Floyd calling him out. And I know there was talk of them fighting. Yeah, I think you're spot on with this one.

Comment

Actually now that you mention Mayweather and Winky.

I remember back then when Winky Wright was calling out Mayweather for the fight at 154. But Mayweather didn't want it, Mayweather didn't want the fight.

Thanks for refreshing my memory on that.
              Been Posting for YEARS on this Forum that I think Winky Wright and Vernon Forrest would've gave Mayweather problems. Winky especially because he was BIG, a South Paw, with a excellent jab and that High Guard that was very hard to get past during his prime

It is a FEW Fighters in that ERA who stayed away from Vernon Forrest and Winky Wright, Oscar De La Hoya is one of them, Margrito and others stayed away from Winky ESPECIALLY after he whipped Shane Mosley Twice!

Comment

Oscar didn't duck him stinky winky turned down 5million

Comment

Was just watching some old school highlights online and the Winky Wright vs Fernando Vargas fight was one of the fights that was shown.

Made me think and remember how a lot of people thought Wright won that fight, but got robbed because at that time Vargas was the popular fighter. A lot of folks mentioned that to me.

Actually it's funny that I never saw that fight. So I think one day this week I'll pull that fight up online and watch it and judge for myself. Lol
                  I think you could say Vargas got the benefit of the doubt, much like Canelo would. It has been so long since I've seen it, I don't remember how legit a decision it was, but I do remember it was contested by some.

Comment

Originally posted by Mukuro View Post
                    I think you could say Vargas got the benefit of the doubt, much like Canelo would. It has been so long since I've seen it, I don't remember how legit a decision it was, but I do remember it was contested by some.

Lol a fighter can beat Canelo 8 rounds to 4 or 9 to 3 in our eyes and Michael Buffer will read the judges score cards as:

"119-109, 118-110 and 116-112 to the winner by Unanimous Decision Saul "Canelo" Alvarez!!!"

Hahahahaha......Lol
                    Last edited by The Time; 05-17-2017, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Lol a fighter can beat Canelo 8 rounds to 4 or 9 to 3 in our eyes and Michael Buffer will read the judges score cards as:

"119-109, 118-110 and 116-112 to the winner by Unanimous Decision Saul "Canelo" Alvarez!!!"

Hahaha......Lol

You know he'll get the benefit of the doubt. One judge gave him a draw against Floyd.

To be fair though, I thought he deserved his wins over Lara and Trout.

Comment

Working...
                      X